Drawing for fun

Works that stir the soul
FolkishFreya

Drawing for fun

Post by FolkishFreya » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:11 am

I've been tapping back into my artistic hobbies lately after a long hiatus. I would like to start drawing some cartoons or other media when feel like I've warmed up. I used to draw all the time, back when cell phones were for the rich and famous and we actually had to occupy ourselves. Anywho, I finished this sketch today, I am super proud of it. I think I'll be ready soon to pump out some nifty cartoons. ;)
Attachments
20220826_170700.jpg
20220826_170700.jpg (3.3 MiB) Viewed 32120 times
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

Will Williams

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by Will Williams » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:51 am

Very good, FF! -- not cartoonish at all, and drawn on a lined page in a booklet.

What medium did you use?

Keep at it.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:44 am

Very nice, FF. Think of drawing as a muscle that needs to be excercised and you will be amazed at how quickly you progress.

JohnUbele

Post by JohnUbele » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:29 am

FolkishFreya wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:11 am
I've been tapping back into my artistic hobbies lately after a long hiatus. I would like to start drawing some cartoons or other media when feel like I've warmed up. I used to draw all the time, back when cell phones were for the rich and famous and we actually had to occupy ourselves. Anywho, I finished this sketch today, I am super proud of it. I think I'll be ready soon to pump out some nifty cartoons. ;)

I strongly recommend you get and use, "Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain":

Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain
https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Si ... 1585429201

Book author's website
http://www.drawright.com

There's a series of about 20 drawing projects inside of it which I think would greatly enhance your artistic ability. I was able to get through the first 10 projects and it was a significant help to me. I read the book twice and it really is a great read.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the book.

Take care.

JohnUbele

Post by JohnUbele » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:14 am

This is a good interview to watch:

Why Art Matters: An Interview with Betty Edwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwqqsHxBAd4

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:32 am

Thank you Will!

I'm sorry for the late response, I've been having trouble with my account. I did make a reply to you the day of the post but for some reason it didn't post. Probably user error.

I used graphite and some charcoal. I will pick up a real sketchbook at some point but I thought I could make use of an old journal I hadn't been using.

I would like to get into making some cartoons or any other artwork that could help support the cause.

Will Williams wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:51 am
Very good, FF! -- not cartoonish at all, and drawn on a lined page in a booklet.

What medium did you use?

Keep at it.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:37 am

Thank you very much WM. I used to sketch and paint a ton when I was younger. I'm really enjoying the outlet, it's quite calming.

We shall see how it goes! :lol:
White Man 1 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:44 am
Very nice, FF. Think of drawing as a muscle that needs to be excercised and you will be amazed at how quickly you progress.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

White_Vengeance
Location: In the Whitest possible location, high in the Appalachian Mountains, deep in the heart of Dixie.

Post by White_Vengeance » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:53 am

FolkishFreya wrote:
FolkishFreya, that is an outstanding drawing. You have amazing artistic talent; keep at it. Absolutely--you should be very proud of your finished work! As a youngster many, many years ago I drew all the time. I actually got to be a competent artist--at least for my age. I was still in grammar school. Art and artistic ability came naturally to me. For some reason unbeknownst to me I gave it up--most likely in the pursuit of sports. I played many sports as a youngster, especially baseball and hockey.

I can still do a credible job of lettering and block lettering but my real artistic ability has evaporated. The ability to draw is an excellent skill; it involves both sides of the brain so it requires the creativity of the right side and the technical ability and discipline of the left side. Best of luck.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:25 pm

While I have little artistic talent or skill, I appreciate those who share what they can do here. With some storytellers that drop by here on WB in the past or to come in the future, collaborative efforts may turn into some new publications for the Alliance. I never saw it published online, but wasn't the serialized version of The Turner Diaries put together using drawn art done in that manner originally?
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:34 pm

White_Vengeance wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:53 am
FolkishFreya wrote:
FolkishFreya, that is an outstanding drawing. You have amazing artistic talent; keep at it. Absolutely--you should be very proud of your finished work! As a youngster many, many years ago I drew all the time. I actually got to be a competent artist--at least for my age. I was still in grammar school. Art and artistic ability came naturally to me. For some reason unbeknownst to me I gave it up--most likely in the pursuit of sports. I played many sports as a youngster, especially baseball and hockey.

I can still do a credible job of lettering and block lettering but my real artistic ability has evaporated. The ability to draw is an excellent skill; it involves both sides of the brain so it requires the creativity of the right side and the technical ability and discipline of the left side. Best of luck.
Thank you for thinking so WV, it is so encouraging to hear. My Grandfather was in the sign business and a electrician for over 50 years. He hand-painted many signs (like the lettering you're speaking of) that have withstood the test of time. As far as I know there are some that still hang today. Oddly enough he painted the sign for the Cemetary where he is laid to rest. He was an incredibly talented and intelligent individual. Perhaps he passed some good ole creativity to us grandchildren?

All the best!🌿
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE