Drawing for fun

Works that stir the soul
User avatar
JohnUbele
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:47 am
Location: Iran
Contact:

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by JohnUbele » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:42 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:25 pm
While I have little artistic talent or skill, I appreciate those who share what they can do here. With some storytellers that drop by here on WB in the past or to come in the future, collaborative efforts may turn into some new publications for the Alliance. I never saw it published online, but wasn't the serialized version of The Turner Diaries put together using drawn art done in that manner originally?

Read the book I mentioned in the above post. Trust me, you'll find it very helpful.
Please visit my Telegram Channel at:
https://t.me/JohnJamesUbele

User avatar
FolkishFreya
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 11:22 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by FolkishFreya » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:38 am

JohnUbele wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:29 am
FolkishFreya wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:11 am
I've been tapping back into my artistic hobbies lately after a long hiatus. I would like to start drawing some cartoons or other media when feel like I've warmed up. I used to draw all the time, back when cell phones were for the rich and famous and we actually had to occupy ourselves. Anywho, I finished this sketch today, I am super proud of it. I think I'll be ready soon to pump out some nifty cartoons. ;)

I strongly recommend you get and use, "Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain":

Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain
https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Si ... 1585429201

Book author's website
http://www.drawright.com

There's a series of about 20 drawing projects inside of it which I think would greatly enhance your artistic ability. I was able to get through the first 10 projects and it was a significant help to me. I read the book twice and it really is a great read.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the book.

Take care.
I visited her website, very impressed with the before and after results. I might consider it. Thanks John!
-Frey🌿

User avatar
JohnUbele
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:47 am
Location: Iran
Contact:

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by JohnUbele » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:08 am

FolkishFreya wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:38 am
JohnUbele wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:29 am
FolkishFreya wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:11 am
I've been tapping back into my artistic hobbies lately after a long hiatus. I would like to start drawing some cartoons or other media when feel like I've warmed up. I used to draw all the time, back when cell phones were for the rich and famous and we actually had to occupy ourselves. Anywho, I finished this sketch today, I am super proud of it. I think I'll be ready soon to pump out some nifty cartoons. ;)

I strongly recommend you get and use, "Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain":

Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain
https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Si ... 1585429201

Book author's website
http://www.drawright.com

There's a series of about 20 drawing projects inside of it which I think would greatly enhance your artistic ability. I was able to get through the first 10 projects and it was a significant help to me. I read the book twice and it really is a great read.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the book.

Take care.
I visited her website, very impressed with the before and after results. I might consider it. Thanks John!


Her book really is great. There's very few books I've actually read twice, hers was one of those.
Please visit my Telegram Channel at:
https://t.me/JohnJamesUbele

User avatar
FolkishFreya
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 11:22 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by FolkishFreya » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:40 pm

More sketching...
Attachments
20220909_173823.jpg
20220909_173823.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 230 times
-Frey🌿

User avatar
White_Vengeance
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 5:54 pm
Location: The Appalachian Mountains in Dixie.

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by White_Vengeance » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:51 pm

FolkishFreya wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:40 pm
More sketching...
Outstanding effort, FolkishFreya. The title of this Thread is "Drawing for Fun," but in your case it should be "drawing professionally and doing so not only for profit but in the support, promotion, and advancement of the White race."

Your sketch of that skeleton's head would form a great base structure for a genuine Totenkopf.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

User avatar
FolkishFreya
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 11:22 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by FolkishFreya » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:07 pm

White_Vengeance wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:51 pm
FolkishFreya wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:40 pm
More sketching...
Outstanding effort, FolkishFreya. The title of this Thread is "Drawing for Fun," but in your case it should be "drawing professionally and doing so not only for profit but in the support, promotion, and advancement of the White race."

Your sketch of that skeleton's head would form a great base structure for a genuine Totenkopf.
Thank you for saying so :) . I feel like in the matter of "giving of my talents" I'm not very good at writing, I wish I were. Many here are so gifted in that scope. I can draw okay, perhaps better than some. To practice, I am doing about a sketch a day. I drew this lady, but was really just focusing on facial features. I wasn't interested in drawing all of the hair.
I would love to try to sketch a totenkopf, I will try it soon.
Attachments
20220910_183418.jpg
20220910_183418.jpg (2.26 MiB) Viewed 184 times
-Frey🌿

User avatar
Will Williams
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:22 am

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by Will Williams » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:56 am

FolkishFreya wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:07 pm
[...] I feel like in the matter of "giving of my talents" I'm not very good at writing, I wish I were.
Writing is like drawing, FF. Once you find you have something to say, you'll start expressing it with words. Practice, practice, practice!

I never wrote much until I got involved in racial politics in my late 30s and found I had something to write about. I'd been involved for three or four years when Ben Klassen made me editor of the COTC tabloid, Racial Loyalty, and was forced to write more and more and correctly. But I really sharpened my writing skills when I went to work with Dr. Pierce. Actually I became better when I started transcribing his old articles after he'd died to share digitally with others online. It was like channelling his thoughts, assimilating his style, grammar, vocabulary, even punctuation by transcribing all of those essays by him.
Many here are so gifted in that scope. I can draw okay, perhaps better than some. To practice, I am doing about a sketch a day. I drew this lady, but was really just focusing on facial features. I wasn't interested in drawing all of the hair. I would love to try to sketch a totenkopf, I will try it soon.
You enjoy drawing and are naturally gifted, so keep practicing every day. Be self critical and you'll keep improving. Portraiture is arguably the most difficult. Everyone has a face and head but features are so nuanced it take years to get a good likeness.

In school, when the other students were taking notes, I was drawing the teacher or other students. That didn't make me a very good student, but I got pretty good at capturing a likeness. Once I dropped out of the work force as a tax slave and worker bee to pursue racial politics full time, becoming an artist became my cover and I started taking art more seriously, specializing in portraits and became pretty good.

I enrolled in a lot of workshops from portraitists whose work I admired, travelling as far as NY and AL, picking their brains, mostly to learn their techiques and from their critiques of the other aspiring portraitists who were enrolled.

I even enrolled for an intense semester at the University of NC in Asheville where a very accomplished artist friend was head of the art department. He created a class in "Drawing the Head" that he taught just for me, but that was very popular with the other art majors. That just indicates how serious I was about improving my craft. I could never grasp physics like Dr. Pierce did, but I did take a course in "The Physics of Lighrt" while at UNCA, among five art courses, that helped me with my art.

I have not painted in more than 15 years -- no time for that anymore -- but still look at objects and people, thinking with my "artist's eye" how I would draw or paint them. An artist doesn't forget his training in how to observe. I still doodle heads while on the phone, but my wife is such a paperphobe that such sketches are thrown out as worthless.

I can critique your sketch of the lady, but won't, except to say you are right in saying you were not interested in drawing her hair. :lol: The pose is interesting. Keep at it.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

User avatar
FolkishFreya
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 11:22 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by FolkishFreya » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:56 pm

Well it isn't drawing but it's artsy. I carved Thors hammer and burned into it the Thurisaz rune.
Attachments
20220923_095450.jpg
20220923_095450.jpg (4.17 MiB) Viewed 62 times
-Frey🌿

User avatar
White_Vengeance
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 5:54 pm
Location: The Appalachian Mountains in Dixie.

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by White_Vengeance » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:32 pm

FolkishFreya wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:56 pm
Well it isn't drawing but it's artsy. I carved Thors hammer and burned into it the Thurisaz rune.
So, you actually carved Thor's hammer AND burned the Thurisaz rune into the hammer, FolkishFreya. That is very impressive. You are an artist with an extended range of skills--a veritable da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, and Bosch rolled into one. Of course, those names are among the many exemplary, significant artists and sculptors from the Renaissance period, thought by many historians--outstanding historians in their own right--to be the single-greatest period of art and artists for the White European race.

You have a rare gift and a true talent. When we White Nationalists finally sense "blood in the water," which means that we have just about vanquished all our many enemies to the ash heap of history, you are the obvious choice to teach the future generations of beautiful, wonderful White children everything possible about the important life's work of art. It will be a rebirth of culture and human intellectual achievement in the White race that will eventually surpass anything previous in our amazing history.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

User avatar
RCavallius
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by RCavallius » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:36 pm

I want her to carve some Life Rune jack-o-lanterns for Halloween. :D
H0216

Post Reply