And here we thought they knew

Amuse us!
White Man 1

Re: And here we thought they knew

Post by White Man 1 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:12 pm

RCavallius wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:24 am
Okay, it had been a while since I read about this, but for purposes of this conversation I looked it up again. It does appear that I was mistaken. He didn't exactly "apologize" for the songs. He gave an interview saying he did it only for the money, he had Black friends, etc. which to me could imply that he didn't really mean it (as far as the message goes). However, he also said a few things which seemed to be hedging his statements, so I can't call it.

The article is here:

https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/articl ... 733ca.html
Fascinating article, I had no idea about "Rebel"'s history. What really caught my eye here was the familiar name mentioned alongside the National Alliance.
Resistance is the largest distributor of white power music. National Alliance leader William Pierce -- the author of the underground hate classic The Turner Diaries -- purchased the company in 1999 and has built up to an estimated annual sales of $1 million, says ADL. The Resistance Web site lists Johnny Rebel's Klassic Klan Kompositions as its no. 2 seller, right after the top-selling video game Ethnic Cleansing.

Resistance adamantly claims that it owns the rights to everything that it sells. When asked about Rebel, Resistance spokesperson David Pringle initially said he was perplexed by Trahan's claim to be the singer. He promised to obtain the official source of the record rights. After a week had passed without hearing from Pringle, a phone call to his office revealed that Resistance is now offering "no comment" on the issue.

Meanwhile, Gephard says that the research he conducted on the material while employed at Resistance indicates that the company received the copyright for the CDs from Johnny Rebel's widow. The rumor doesn't surprise Trahan. He's heard many times over that he is a dead man. He also says that whenever someone releases a song about segregation or blacks, his name is instantly associated with it.

"Look, there's been rumors circulating for years that I got shot in a goddamn war with the FBI," Trahan says. "So much of this crap goes around, you know. It's a bunch of lies out there, then there's some truth. I don't even know."

RCavallius

Re: And here we thought they knew

Post by RCavallius » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:15 pm

Yep, that caught my eye, too, WM1. ;)
H0216