Costco labels Holy Bible as fiction

Amuse us!
Reinhard

Costco labels Holy Bible as fiction

Post by Reinhard » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:08 pm

A Costco in Simi Valley found itself in a flap this week after a local pastor posted a photo on Twitter showing Bibles at the big-box store labeled as fiction.

Caleb Kaltenbach, pastor of Discovery Church, came across the Bibles while shopping for a gift and tweeted the picture on Friday with the comment: "Costco has Bibles for sale under the genre of FICTION Hmmmm..."

That didn't sit well with members of his congregation.

“I was completely offended. It’s wrong, and I believe that the Bible is real,” Shellie Dungan told KTLA-TV.

Word of the fiction label spread quickly on social media, propelling Kaltenbach onto local and national TV broadcasts, including Fox News, which labeled its segment "50 Shades of Fiction?"

For all the brouhaha, Kaltenbach said the discussions the label has sparked have been good for the faith community.

"It’s caused a lot of controversy, it’s caused a lot of conversation, which I think conversation is good," he told KCBS-TV.

For its part, Costco released a statement to Fox News, saying a distributor had mislabeled a "small percentage" of Bibles before sending them to the store.

"However, we take responsibility and should have caught the mistake. We are correcting this with them for future distribution," Costco said. All mislabeled Bibles were also immediately relabeled.

"We greatly apologize for the error," the store said in its statement.

Kaltenbach told Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Fox News the label "probably was a mistake, I have no idea." But, he added, the issue highlighted the fact that "we do need to be vocal about our faith.”

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -78260490/

Will Williams

Re: Costco labels Holy Bible as fiction

Post by Will Williams » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:10 pm

Bump fpr truth! :D
Reinhard wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:08 pm
A Costco in Simi Valley found itself in a flap this week after a local pastor posted a photo on Twitter showing Bibles at the big-box store labeled as fiction.

Caleb Kaltenbach, pastor of Discovery Church, came across the Bibles while shopping for a gift and tweeted the picture on Friday with the comment: "Costco has Bibles for sale under the genre of FICTION Hmmmm..."

That didn't sit well with members of his congregation.

“I was completely offended. It’s wrong, and I believe that the Bible is real,” Shellie Dungan
told KTLA-TV.

Word of the fiction label spread quickly on social media, propelling Kaltenbach onto local and national TV broadcasts, including Fox News, which labeled its segment "50 Shades of Fiction?"

For all the brouhaha, Kaltenbach said the discussions the label has sparked have been good for the faith community.

"It’s caused a lot of controversy, it’s caused a lot of conversation, which I think conversation is good," he told KCBS-TV.

For its part, Costco released a statement to Fox News, saying a distributor had mislabeled a "small percentage" of Bibles before sending them to the store.

"However, we take responsibility and should have caught the mistake. We are correcting this with them for future distribution," Costco said. All mislabeled Bibles were also immediately relabeled.

"We greatly apologize for the error," the store said in its statement.

Kaltenbach told Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Fox News the label "probably was a mistake, I have no idea." But, he added, the issue highlighted the fact that "we do need to be vocal about our faith.”

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -78260490/
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:18 am

I've personally relocated a bible from the non-fiction section to the fiction section. :lol:
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

Supremely White

Post by Supremely White » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:51 pm

Let’s see the Koran, the Torah and the Talmud relegated to the fiction section.
Hitler was right.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:58 am

Supremely White wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:51 pm
If economic hard times fall back upon us, the need for cheap toilet paper will still remain. I'm glad a few sources have been identified here.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:28 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:58 am
Supremely White wrote:
If economic hard times fall back upon us, the need for cheap toilet paper will still remain. I'm glad a few sources have been identified here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

Supremely White

Post by Supremely White » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:54 am

FolkishFreya wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:28 am
Jim Mathias wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:58 am
Supremely White wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That was hilarious!
Thank goodness I have a bidet attachment under my toilet seat for that extra clean. No skids here. :lol:
My husband shops in bulk at a wholesale store, and we have our t.p. in bulk from there. I’ll still never understand why so many people were hoarding t.p. during the Covid shutdowns of 2020. What does t.p. have to do with some respiratory contagion?
It kept me thinking of Beavis when he turns into the Great Cornholio.
I guess that wholesale prices for eggs are gradually easing, but they’re still expensive, like they may become a delicacy if they remain expensive. Then, yeah, I guess we will have to find those alternative types of t.p. with all this inflation.
Hitler was right.

White_Vengeance
Location: In the Whitest possible location, high in the Appalachian Mountains, deep in the heart of Dixie.

Post by White_Vengeance » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:47 am

Recently--and very coincidentally--a good friend sent me an article about Costco, the chain grocery and household goods merchandiser that specializes in selling large quantity varieties of groceries at below-market prices, in which Costco had somehow mistakenly labeled the Holy Bible as fiction. I responded to my good friend and since most of my response involved a Christianity versus Cosmotheism comparison, I thought it appropriate to post my response in this Thread.

As follows:

Regardless of whether it was an error on the part of Costco to label the Bible as fiction, the fact remains that the Bible IS fictional, as it was written not by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John as many are erroneously taught, but by persons who are perhaps the most mortal, sworn enemies of the White European race in our entire history: the parasitic, serpentine-like jew creatures.

I was born, baptized, and raised Catholic and I attended Catholic grammar school (two schools: one on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois and one in a nearby southwestern suburb of Chicago) and I also attended a Catholic high school. (Side Note: Years ago I fully and completely renounced all remaining vestiges of, and attachment to, Christianity).

During my thirteen years of parochial education I was obviously rigorously exposed to the Bible—and exposed on a daily basis, as we were required to take and pass a Religion course each-and-every year. In grammar school the Religion courses ran the entire length of the school year—nine months. In high school the Religion courses were semester-length courses, lasting approximately four-to-four-and-one-half months. In Catholic grammar school, failure to pass the Religion course meant the student who failed the Religion course would be forced to repeat the entire year at the same level. For example, suppose a student was in the seventh grade and he/she failed the Religion course; he/she would not be promoted to the eighth grade but would be forced to repeat the entire seventh grade—all nine grueling months. Yes, Catholic schools were THAT STRICT. In Catholic high school failure to pass the Religion course meant the student would not receive credit for the course. In my Catholic high school we were required to earn 24 credit hours in rigorous college preparatory courses to graduate; by comparison, my buddies who were attending the local public community high school were required to earn only 17 credit hours in very basic, general, non-rigorous, non-college preparatory courses in order to graduate.

I typed that long-winded introduction about Catholic (i.e., Christian) education back in the decades of the 1960s and 1970s to give the reader a bit of insight into how indoctrinated I was with the scripture found in the Holy Bible. I could literally quote whole sections of the Bible, verbatim, so fully was I indoctrinated. I was also an altar boy in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grades, so I was further imbued with the false teachings and preaching of Christianity. I could actually say the entire Catholic mass in Latin; this was pre-Vatican II, so Catholic mass during that period of time was said entirely in the Latin language.

Throughout my latter years in grammar school and all four years of high school I began to question the accuracy and truthfulness of the Bible, to the point that I regarded most of it as blatant heresy. Questions I asked the nuns (Notre Dame nuns; Dominican nuns) and brothers (Christian Brothers of Ireland) either were not or could not be answered—at least not truthfully. In grammar school I was chastised by the nuns (Notre Dame nuns; and, later, the Dominican nuns) for daring to ask questions that challenged the existence of a "God." I was told that my faith was not strong and that I should pray for answers. Well, one of the questions I repeatedly asked and that was NEVER answered to my complete satisfaction is this: "Why do Christians pray?"

Now, that might seem like an overly simplistic question, but allow me to further explain. From our earliest years in the Catholic faith we were taught that God is a supernatural being—a spiritual deity. We were taught that God has no beginning nor does He have an end—He has ALWAYS existed. Furthermore, God is omniscient and omnipotent; He knows everything BEFORE it will ever happen, and He also knows everything that will happen for so many millions and billions of years into the future that our human minds cannot conceive this concept. Not only does He know everything well before it will actually transpire, since He is fully in control of everything, mere mortal human beings are powerless to control the outcome. Our primary purpose for existence on Earth was to become "spiritually ready" for our life of eternity in Heaven--or in Hell.

Almost verbatim, this is exactly what we were taught about God, the supernatural, spiritual, anthromophoric deity. So, if I take the teachings of the Catholic faith as "gospel" (no pun intended) then why would I pray for anything? If God is really omnipotent and omniscient and with no beginning nor an end, then He already knows what is going to happen for anything and everything.

Allow me to give an example: suppose I have an extremely sick relative who is hooked to life-support equipment and is lying in an Intensive Care Unit of a local hospital. We in the Christian faith were taught that we should pray to God for our sick relative and that if/when our prayers are answered, our sick relative will regain his/her health—a miraculous recovery, indeed. Right?

Wrong! If God is truly omnipotent and omniscient then He already knows the outcome of this sick relative—He knows whether this sick relative will live or die. God controls all the details of the event; it is beyond the control of the human being who is praying for this sick relative. So, praying is a needless act; it is valueless; is serves no purpose. So, why pray? For at least six years of my Catholic education, no educator—not a nun nor a Brother nor a lay teacher—could answer my question with any degree of conviction.

Fast forward to early calendar year 2022, when I was introduced to the religion of Cosmotheism. After questioning the hyperbole and false preaching of Christianity for well-nigh five decades, I found a religion that made perfect sense: Cosmotheism. It discussed, in plain, unadorned English, the fact that our lives our under our control—there is no supernatural deity, nor are there any "spooks in the sky," nor is Christianity infallible.

Cosmotheism is a natural religion grounded in scientific fact and based upon the world around us—the world in which we live, and that we call the Cosmos. The god in Cosmotheism is that of Reality; and that reality is the Whole. It is the Creator, the Self-Created. And I am of the Whole. Those statements do not mean that I consider myself a "god" in any sense of the word; those statements mean that I am in total control of my absolute being and that my purpose as a White European is to fulfill the needs of my White European brothers and sisters through the pursuit of ever-higher conscious awareness and self-improvement which is accomplished through advancing along a path of self-realization. The path of self-realization is the path of Divine Consciousness.

This is natural law; this is the law that governs the very existence and being of the White European race, and that governs me, the White European mortal human being.

It further explained that the greatest purpose for which a White European exists is to pursue ever-greater and higher levels of conscious awareness and self-improvement which will, in turn, lead to a further deepening and development of his/her race soul. Our race soul is our internal spirit and an adjunct to our mind, body, physiology, and very being, and imbues within us a a steeled vision and a belief system that acts as a moral compass and that keeps us focused on viewing everything through the lens of racial pride and racial consciousness for the ultimate purpose of dedicating our lives to the preservation and advancement of the White European race with a total focus on building a solid, rigorous foundation for the for tens-of-thousands of generations of beautiful, wonderful, intellectual White children who have yet to be born, for tens-of-thousands of millennia, stretching so far into the future that our human minds cannot conceive those light years.

Factually, Christianity was actually planned, devised, and developed in the diabolical, evil, sinister minds of the parasitic jew serpent for the sole purpose of wreaking havoc on the whole of Europe by spreading false teachings and preaching that would, in effect, weaken the powerful, dominant mentality and physiology of the European, thus causing a total moral decay in their societies and cultures, leading to a collapse. This is exactly what happened to the Roman Empire. Anyone who studies the unbiased, real history of the Roman Empire will shockingly discover that it finally collapsed from cultural and moral decay, brought about by the weakening of the formidable Roman spirit because the Romans traded their indomitability and their battle-hardened spirit for pablum such as: "love your enemies as yourselves"; "the meek shall inherit the Earth"; "there is only one race--the human race"; "sell all your worldly possessions and give your earnings to those of lesser possessions than you"; "if your enemy slaps you on the left cheek, turn to him your right"; "we are all children of the Lord," etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.

So, while my rather lengthy post might oversimplify the inherent dangers of Christianity and how it was devised in the diabolical minds of the evil, serpentine jew monster, it does serve to resolve in my mind the burning questions I have had about Christianity for the majority of my life. In closing, I will take a Christian saying just a slight bit out of context and apply it to my "coming home" to Cosmotheism: "Hallelujah and hosanna in the highest--I have finally been saved."
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:47 pm

A compelling story, WV. If you hadn't found the opportunity yet, Which Way Western Man by William Gayley Simpson would provide you with some interesting meaning and experiences as he too questioned the Christ cult from a very inside position within that organization. He too became a Cosmotheist of sorts, and by his own quest for finding answers about life.

https://cosmotheistchurch.org/product/w ... y-simpson/
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.