HILLARY: Loss to Trump Was a ‘Cry from the White Nationalist

Amuse us!
Benjamin Bice

HILLARY: Loss to Trump Was a ‘Cry from the White Nationalist

Post by Benjamin Bice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 am

Note: I post here because claim is 'Hill-lariously" absurd!

HILLARY: Loss to Trump Was a ‘Cry from the White Nationalist Gut’

(LifeZette) Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton shouldered some blame for her stunning Election Day loss when she admitted that she made three key mistakes during the course of her 2016 campaign during an interview that aired on CBS News’ “Sunday Morning.”
Clinton relived her loss to President Donald Trump in excruciating detail during the course of her first television interview since Election Day. In the months since her Nov. 8 defeat, Clinton has resurfaced multiple times to blame a number of external factors for her loss to Trump, including misogyny, Russia, WikiLeaks, and former FBI Director James Comey.
Clinton again blamed many of these same factors in her interview with CBS News’ Jane Pauley.

But after months of criticism for failing to take responsibility for her mistakes and weaknesses as a candidate, the former first lady also managed to take some ownership of the defeat.
“I think the — the most important of the mistakes I made was using personal email,” Clinton said, pointing to the scandal that emerged when it became public knowledge that she had used a private email server during her tenure as Secretary of State.

As Pauley noted in a voiceover of the interview segment, “a stream of explanations for [Clinton’s] decision to use a private email server while she was secretary of state never satisfied critics or the press” during the course of the FBI’s investigation into Clinton’s conduct.
“I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, that was my responsibility,” Clinton added. “It was presented in such a negative way, and I never could get out from under it. And it never stopped.”
Of all the mistakes she made, the former Secretary of State pinned the most blame on her use of the private email server. But Clinton also made two other concessions — both of which pertained to how she related to the American people.
“I understood that there were many Americans who, because of the financial crash, there was anger,” Clinton said. “And there was resentment. I knew that. But I believed that it was my responsibility to try to offer answers to it, not to fan it.”
“I think, Jane, that it was a mistake because a lot of people didn’t wanna hear my plans. They wanted me to share their anger,” she added. “And I should’ve done a better job of demonstrating, ‘I get it.'”
The former presidential nominee also accepted that it was a damaging mistake when she infamously said that “you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables.”
Although she made some excuses for the comment, saying that Trump’s supporters were “already energized” against her beforehand, Clinton ultimately said, “I’m sorry I gave [Trump] a political gift of any kind.”
“Well, I thought Trump was behaving in a deplorable manner,” she explained. “I thought a lot of his appeals to voters were deplorable. I thought his behavior, as we saw on the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape, was deplorable. And there were a large number of people who didn’t care. It did not matter to them. And he turned out to be a very effective reality TV star.”

Although Clinton mustered some humility for her loss, she still lashed out at familiar scapegoats.
“I started the campaign knowing that I would have to work extra hard to make women and men feel comfortable with the idea of a woman president,” she said, pointing to the sexism she felt damaged her campaign. “It doesn’t fit into the — the stereotypes we all carry around in our head. And a lot of the sexism and the misogyny was in service of these attitudes. Like, you know, ‘We really don’t want a woman commander-in-chief.'”
Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. elections and the ongoing WikiLeaks email dump scandals also incurred Clinton’s ire.
“The forces that were at work in 2016 were unlike anything that I’ve ever seen or read about. It was a perfect storm,” she said.
The former presidential nominee also blamed Comey for making his unprecedented 11th-hour announcement that the investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server had been reopened.
“I don’t know quite what audience [Comey] was playing to, other than maybe some, you know, right-wing commentators, right-wing members of Congress, whatever,” she said. “Eleven days before the election. And it raised the specter that, somehow, the investigation was being reopened. It just stopped my momentum.”
Clinton also promoted her upcoming book, “What Happened,” which is set to hit bookshelves Tuesday, as she recounted the difficulties she faced in coming to terms with her loss to Trump.
“I am good,” she said. “But that doesn’t mean I am complacent or resolved about what happened. It still is very painful. It hurts a lot.”
“I felt like I had let everybody down,” Clinton added. “I had not drafted a concession speech. I’d been working on a victory speech.”
“I just felt this enormous letdown, just kind of loss of feeling and direction and sadness,” she continued. “Off I went, into a frenzy of closet cleaning, and long walks in the woods, playing with my dogs, and, as I write — yoga, alternate nostril breathing, which I highly recommend, tryin’ to calm myself down. And, you know, my share of chardonnay. It was a very hard transition. I really struggled. I couldn’t feel, I couldn’t think. I was just gob-smacked, wiped out.”
Clinton also jabbed Trump several times during the course of her interview, particularly pointing to his inaugural address delivered on Jan. 20, in which he promised that “this American carnage stops right here and right now.”
“[Trump] was quite successful in referencing a nostalgia that would give hope, comfort, settle grievances, for millions of people who were upset about gains that were made by others …” she said, adding that Trump spoke for “millions of white people” on Inauguration Day.
“What an opportunity to say, ‘Okay, I’m proud of my supporters, but I’m the president of all Americans.’ That’s not what we heard at all,” Clinton added. “And so there I was, on the platform, you know, feeling like an out-of-body experience. And then his speech, which was a cry from the white nationalist gut.”

Republished with permission from LifeZette via iCopyright license.