As Boromir would say:

Benjamin Bice

Re: My reactions to the happening at U of Mizzou

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:10 am

Or take it from Willy Wonka:

Lady Mitford

Re: My reactions to the happening at U of Mizzou

Post by Lady Mitford » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:22 am

I would not get too excited about this, but there seems to be some token resistance to the hysteria sweeping American colleges. Purdue University is not instantly folding to what the Wall St Journal is misleadingly calling "the children's revolt at Yale and Missouri." Purdue's President released a letter reiterating the Purdue student government's intent to strengthen free speech--unfortunately preambled with the requisite homage to non-discrimination and inclusiveness.

My guess is that the student body is still predominantly White and liberal/race-blind, and has no idea what they are up against.

http://therightscoop.com/purdue-preside ... z3rGfSXn7Z

The Right Scoop

While we’re continued to be amazed by the idiotic and unfortunate events at Yale and the University of Missouri where it seems that wannabe-60s revolutionaries are taking over the joints, you can be assured that there’s at least one University that doesn’t take such guff.

To the Purdue community:

Events this week at the University of Missouri and Yale University should remind us all of the importance of absolute fidelity to her shared values. First, that we strive constantly to be, without exception, a welcoming inclusive and discrimination-free community, where each person is respected and treated with dignity. Second, to be steadfast in preserving academic freedom and individual liberty.Two years ago, a student-led initiative created the “We Are Purdue Statement of Values”, which was subsequently endorsed by the University Senate. Last year, both our undergraduate and graduate student governments led an effort to produced a strengthened statement of policies protecting free speech. What a proud contrast to the environments that appear to prevail at places like Missouri and Yale. Today and every day, we should remember the tenants of those statements and do our best to live up to them fully.

Sincerely,
President Mitch Daniels