Asatru Folk Assembly

Fundamental ideas
Robert Burns

Asatru Folk Assembly

Post by Robert Burns » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:57 pm

I have been aware of them for a little while but only recently decided to look into them a bit more closely, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. This is from their website: https://runestone.org/
Declaration of Purpose

I. The practice, promotion, development, and dissemination of the religion of Asatru

Asatru is an ancestral religion, one passed down to us from our forebears and thus tailored to our unique makeup. Our gods and our religion have shaped our spirit, individually and as a whole. By our WILL, we not only survive, but thrive, and continue our upward evolution in the direction of the Infinite. Modern Asatru is a reconstructed version of our ancestral practice, adapted to the context of our lives today, but our practice is filled with the spirit of our gods and our ancestors. Today’s challenges differ from those that confronted our ancestors but still require the same code of honor and nobility that molded our forebears’ souls. The Asatru Folk Assembly practices Asatru in the here-and-now, that our People may realize their unique spiritual and cultural legacy.

II. The preservation of the Ethnic European Folk and their continued evolution

If the Ethnic European Folk cease to exist Asatru would likewise no longer exist. Let us be clear: by Ethnic European Folk we mean white people. It is our collective will that we not only survive, but thrive, and continue our evolution in the direction of the Infinite. All native religions spring from the unique collective soul of a particular race. Religions are not arbitrary or accidental; body, mind and spirit are all shaped by the evolutionary history of the group and are thus interrelated. Asatru is not just what we believe, it is what we are. Therefore, the survival and welfare of the Ethnic European Folk as a cultural and biological group is a religious imperative for the AFA.

III. Issuing a call to all our brothers and sisters of the Ethnic European Folk to return to this, their native religion and way of life

We call our kin to rejoin the great family of men and women who honor the sacred ways of our holy Gods and Ancestors. Asafolk are not always eager to proselytize; however, we know that our brothers and sisters will all be healthier and happier once they have returned to the religion that expresses their unique cultural and genetic heritage, a heritage that is a part of them as surely as blood and bone. The restoration of our ancient ways, and the building of a secure future for our religion and our people, is our call and our destiny. Let us have an “Ingathering of the Folk!”

IV. The restoration of community, the banishment of alienation, and the establishment of natural and just relations among our Folk

Our ancestors had religious and social folkways that gave them a feeling of continuity and community while jealously preserving individual rights; we can and will reestablish this natural order among our Folk. Asatru encourages sound, traditional families while providing an extended family or tribe to support the basic family unit. We help each other materially, socially, and religiously while respecting the privacy of individuals and families. Society would work better if families and communities cared for each other, rather than relying on coercive, intrusive “help” from outside sources such as government.

V. The promotion of true diversity among the peoples and cultures of the Earth

The world is not one uniform, unvarying mass. All peoples are, and by right ought to be, distinct and unique. Each and every culture should relish those differences and be free to work out their own destinies. Only in our uniqueness can our respective Gods fully manifest. The AFA supports the efforts of all cultural and biological groups to maintain their identity and opposes the cultural marxists who would reduce all of humanity to an indistinguishable gray mass.

VI. The fostering in our people of a deep sense of responsibility and self-reliance

Asatru promotes strong, vigorous, people who are the masters of their own destiny. Though many may stand against us, we are no one’s victim. Our Gods would see us victorious, they would have us follow their example and grow in power, awareness, and responsibility, exercised in wisdom.

VII. The use of science and technology for the well-being of our people, while protecting and working in harmony with the natural environment in which we live

Technology and science are part of our intellectual inheritance, and we can use them to make life better for ourselves and our children. We must use our abilities wisely, however, maintaining the balance of the natural world from which we sprang. We modern Asatruar do not repudiate the scientific and technological progress of our Folk for the last thousand years. Even the Vikings themselves were technologically adept for their time. We do acknowledge man’s ability today to change the world around us – for better or worse. Our knowledge must be applied in a way that is not harmful to the environment in which we live, for the Earth is our mother and – while we retain free will and individuality – we are a part of the web of life.

VIII. The exploration of the universe, in keeping with the Faustian instinct of our kind

We are a wide-faring Folk. Odin is a wanderer, and those who follow our Gods have typically been horizon-seekers. The longship has been replaced by the spaceship and the electron microscope, but the spirit of exploration remains the same. Our love of freedom and our craving for frontiers are undoubtedly connected. Stagnation brings on complacency, and complacency is death.

IX. The affirmation of the struggle of life, welcoming the challenge of that struggle and living life wholly and with joy, and facing eternity with courage

Life’s struggle is the whetstone that sharpens the sword of spirit. We should not regret the obstacles that confront us, but use them to grow ever stronger and wiser. Nor should we let them drain away our enjoyment of life. Let us live our lives with vigor – and when it is time to die, let us do that with dignity, honor, and grace.

Law of the Hall

I. Honor the Aesir, the Vanir, the Wights, and the Ancestors

Honor the Aesir, the Vanir, the Wights, and the Ancestors by blot and by deed. Grow in the lore and strengthen the Mighty Ones with ritual; observe the holy days of Asatru. by blot and by deed. Grow in the lore and strengthen the Mighty Ones with ritual; observe the holy days of Asatru.

II. Abide no strife

Abide no strife in the hall or between kin. One must be able to speak one’s mind candidly, but disagreements must never exceed the bounds of respect or courtesy. All within the hall are brothers and sisters and are to be treated appropriately.

III. Build bright fame

Build bright fame, not dark disdain, for those who dwell in the hall. Our deeds and words must be such that the reputation of the Asatru Folk Assembly, and of Asatru as a whole, grows more glorious because of our presence. Do good to your kin, grow in your might and main…and when we disagree among ourselves, let it be done out of the sight of others.

IV. Give first love to family and Folk

Give first love to family and Folk. Your primary duty is to those closest to you by blood and troth. Love your own. Give good for good from all who give it. Deal honorably with all whose hands are open and whose hearts are true.

V. Strive that our Folk shall live forever

Strive that our Folk shall live forever, though all the forces of Muspel march against us. Work for the good of the Folk Within -Asatruar- and the Folk Without -Whites who are not yet true to the Gods- in all ways that are honorable and noble.

VI. Speak honestly and openly

Speak honestly and openly. Deal with candor and forthrightness with all in the hall, scorn the poison of gossip and intrigue, and do not talk behind the backs of others.

VII. Envy not

Envy not those who earn gifts, fame, and favor within the hall. Seek instead your own fame by might and main. The glory given your brother or sister shines on you, as well; Let gold and bright fame not stir enmity among kin.

VIII. Be open-handed and open-hearted

Be open-handed and open-hearted, generous to aid kin and forward the folk. Give gladly of time and effort, helping those in the hall and advancing our enterprise.

IX. Honor your Oaths

Honor your oaths to kin and to Gods, though your life be the price. Hand on ring or steel, hand given in good trust to another – these are sacred and on them lives the might of those in the hall.

Statement of Ethics

I. The Aesir and Vanir Principle

We believe in and honor the Gods and Goddesses of our Germanic ancestors, the Aesir and Vanir. We believe that they hold special value for us. We seek their good fortune and we work to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with them. We honor the Aesir with our dedication and spirituality; we honor the Vanir with our deep respect and dedication to preserving and protecting Midgard. We believe that through ritual, dedication, generosity, honor, and hard work, our lives and consciousness will be touched by the Holy Powers.

II. The Folk Community Principle

A community based in ancestry and common culture is a better society to live in. We in Asatru hold that our ethnic culture is vital and worthy of protection and promotion. We believe that we each have a personal responsibility to consider the folk good and to assume a personal role in promoting and protecting it. We believe that each of us must work to keep our heritage alive. For the best community, we must:
Work to make justice and law rule among our folk. Express good will towards and cooperation with members of our community. Work for a better tomorrow. We believe that we have an obligation to create a better future for our folk and to shape a brighter future for our children. Give back to the community that has given to us.

III. The Ancestry Principle

We are a community united by descent from common ancestry. We value this unique heritage and seek to maintain a vibrant connection with our ancestors. We each should strive to know about our ancestry and commit to that which defines our common folk community.

IV. The Family Principle

Healthy families are the cornerstone of folk society and its strength and prosperity is derived from them. We in Asatru support strong, healthy white family relationships. We want our children to grow up to be mothers and fathers to white children of their own. We believe that those activities and behaviors supportive of the white family should be encouraged while those activities and behaviors destructive of the white family are to be discouraged.

V. The Organization Principle

A disorganized community is a weak community. In the world we live in today, being disorganized is akin to inviting death. Organize or die. We must build our community and its ability to promote and defend its own interests. The community must be able to focus resources and bring benefits to our members. We are committed to building thriving folk communities, growing leaders and encouraging cooperation among our folk. The leadership roles of our community should be respected just as individual rights must be.

VI. The Personal Excellence Principle

One should strive to grow in capabilities and wisdom. One should maintain good physical and mental health. Know right and wrong and how to reason about them. One should be well-read both in the lore and in a wide range of subjects that will help you understand and utilize opportunities in Midgard and beyond. Know how to apply what you know. We believe that the pursuit of knowledge, the accumulation of wealth, the practice of skill, the building of family, and the leadership of men and women are worthy endeavors.

VII. The Honor Your Oaths Principle

Living honorably requires fulfilling one’s oaths at all costs. Never enter into oaths lightly; understand the consequences of oaths before making them and live up to your obligations that result from oath making.

VIII. The Warrior Principle

We believe that our members should strive to be ready for the challenge to defend our folk, Gods and Goddesses with both cunning and physical skill when needed. We should be prepared to stand against those forces which would seek to destroy our Gods and Folk.

IX. The Life is Good Principle

Living, loving, expanding, thriving, and acquiring wealth and prosperity: we should grasp and experience these things in life. One of the things that are important in life is its mystery. In Asatru we have the ability to, and should strive to, transcend mundane human existence by cultivating our unique connections and relationships with our Gods and Goddesses, our ancestors, and the spirits of the land, and by studying our culture, our Lore, the runes, and the mysteries of the Nine Worlds.
I have highlighted the parts that are particularly reminiscent of Cosmotheism, but really, I don't see anything here that is opposed to Cosmotheism. The main difference appears to be the greater focus on a revival/modernization of our ancestral mythology and symbolism, which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing, especially because they also make it clear that they value modern advancements in science and technology, with the emphasis on evolution and space exploration in particular.

In any case, they aren't like most groups these days going out making lots of noise and LARPing as revolutionaries, and they're not obsessed with social media and anonymity. Instead, they, like us, are racial separatists focused on building a real, organic community of White folks with a solid spiritual foundation.

This is just from what I can tell, of course. I have not actually done a deep investigation of AFA's leaders, its history, or the specifics of its beliefs, and I have not spoken to any of the leaders or members at all, but after reading this I am definitely going to dig a little deeper and see if I can learn more about them, and perhaps reach out and tell them about us.

Thoughts?

Jim Mathias

Re: Asatru Folk Assembly

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:27 am

I've met a few of these types, decent people overall. Here's a few Jewed media stories smearing them:
https://www.pinejournal.com/lifestyle/l ... -otherwise (the usual suspects with their opinions)
https://nypost.com/2021/05/01/whites-on ... arassment/ (they have some fight in them)
https://nationalzero.com/2020/12/22/whi ... minnesota/ (some teamwork and energy)
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:09 pm

Riley wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:57 pm
I have been aware of them for a little while but only recently decided to look into them a bit more closely, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. This is from their website: https://runestone.org/
Declaration of Purpose

I. The practice, promotion, development, and dissemination of the religion of Asatru

Asatru is an ancestral religion, one passed down to us from our forebears and thus tailored to our unique makeup. Our gods and our religion have shaped our spirit, individually and as a whole....
I have highlighted the parts that are particularly reminiscent of Cosmotheism, but really, I don't see anything here that is opposed to Cosmotheism. The main difference appears to be the greater focus on a revival/modernization of our ancestral mythology and symbolism, which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing, especially because they also make it clear that they value modern advancements in science and technology, with the emphasis on evolution and space exploration in particular.

In any case, they aren't like most groups these days going out making lots of noise and LARPing as revolutionaries, and they're not obsessed with social media and anonymity. Instead, they, like us, are racial separatists focused on building a real, organic community of White folks with a solid spiritual foundation.

This is just from what I can tell, of course. I have not actually done a deep investigation of AFA's leaders, its history, or the specifics of its beliefs, and I have not spoken to any of the leaders or members at all, but after reading this I am definitely going to dig a little deeper and see if I can learn more about them, and perhaps reach out and tell them about us.

Thoughts?

They know about us, Riley, and have a somewhat favorable opinion of NA and Cosmotheism, more so that many other pagan or Odinist groups, but they aren't us and we won't be adopting their approach.

It is good for Alliance members to study and understand our pre-Christian European roots and Asatru teaches a lot of that -- 1000 times better than any Semitic creed. But Odinism, as heroic as its gods and myths are, and how it matches the character of our people, that belief system didn't stand up well to Europe being Christianized in ancient times and is not prepared to stand up to international Jewish power going forward with its various gods and such.

I met Asatru leader Stephen McNallen 20 years ago, attending their little Yule gathering out in central California. It was a good, wholesome group of Whites. We shared a meal and enjoyed their Asatru "blot" ceremony. They treated me well as an Alliance invitee.

They will find Cosmotheism compatible in many respects, but what about NA's position on the Jew? On Christianity? Queers? Having non-White dependents?

VI. Speak honestly and openly [they say].

But just how honestly and how openly? As you know many groups share some of our Alliance's positions, but they will avoid the most controversial issues so as not to offend. Keep investigating Asatru and find out just how far they go on the issues our Alliance does not avoid. What do they think about Wolf Stoner's militant piece in the January BULLETIN. (part 1), for example? Part 2 will be coming out in the February BULLETIN in less than two weeks. I expect Asatru will stay away from taking the hard line that our Alliance takes on the all-important JQ.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:19 am

Will Williams wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:09 pm
Riley wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:57 pm
Declaration of Purpose

Asatru is an ancestral religion, one passed down to us from our forebears and thus tailored to our unique makeup. Our gods and our religion have shaped our spirit, individually and as a whole....

Thoughts?

They know about us, Riley, and have a somewhat favorable opinion of NA and Cosmotheism, more so that many other pagan or Odinist groups, but they aren't us and we won't be adopting their approach.

It is good for Alliance members to study and understand our pre-Christian European roots and Asatru teaches a lot of that -- 1000 times better than any Semitic creed. But Odinism, as heroic as its gods and myths are, and how it matches the character of our people, that belief system didn't stand up well to Europe being Christianized in ancient times and is not prepared to stand up to international Jewish power going forward with its various gods and such.
Exactly. I tell people we need to do away with superstitions altogether, whether they are Christian, pagan, New Age, humanist, atheist, whatever. Our people need to stop living in fantasy land. All it does is leave the door wide open for all sorts of trouble, namely lying Jews.
I met Asatru leader Stephen McNallen 20 years ago, attending their little Yule gathering out in central California. It was a good, wholesome group of Whites. We shared a meal and enjoyed their Asatru "blot" ceremony. They treated me well as an Alliance invitee.

They will find Cosmotheism compatible in many respects, but what about NA's position on the Jew? On Christianity? Queers? Having non-White dependents?

VI. Speak honestly and openly [they say].

But just how honestly and how openly? As you know many groups share some of our Alliance's positions, but they will avoid the most controversial issues so as not to offend. Keep investigating Asatru and find out just how far they go on the issues our Alliance does not avoid. What do they think about Wolf Stoner's militant piece in the January BULLETIN. (part 1), for example? Part 2 will be coming out in the February BULLETIN in less than two weeks. I expect Asatru will stay away from taking the hard line that our Alliance takes on the all-important JQ.
These are some of the things I was thinking of asking them about, as they clearly don't take a strong stance on any of this publicly. I don't have particularly high hopes in light of that, but in any case, I don't want to make any assumptions about them. I'll be sure to come back and report what I've found out from them.