Trauma and the Unbound Body

Fundamental ideas
Grimork

Post by Grimork » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:41 pm

I put this in religion because this book discusses spiritual aspects and also I think it has the feel of Cosmotheism. I know that this post won't apply to a lot of the tough men and women we have in the Alliance, but some of us go through terrible experiences and weren't taught healthful ways to cope with them. I also appreciate that this book is written without a New Age or Christian slant as many of these books are.

It's full of many practical exercises that you can do at home with no equipment, no medicine. Just yourself, some instruction, and the space around you.
To know ourselves as the subtle ground of our being is a distinct shift from fragmentation to wholeness, but it is who we actually are. Rather than feeling ethereal or supernatural, the experience of fundamental consciousness feels authentic and familiar. Rather than transporting us into another world, it shows us the spacious, unified underpinning of this world. When we experience that we are made
of the same one consciousness as everything and everyone that we encounter
, it is easier to feel that we belong here, just where we are.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/trauma-an ... 1683641833

This book has been especially helpful to me in processing troubling emotions and experiences I have dealt with. I feel like a more at ease in my own body as a result.

Will Williams

Re: Trauma and the Unbound Body

Post by Will Williams » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Grimork wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:41 pm
I put this in religion because this book discusses spiritual aspects and also I think it has the feel of Cosmotheism. I know that this post won't apply to a lot of the tough men and women we have in the Alliance, but some of us go through terrible experiences and weren't taught healthful ways to cope with them. I also appreciate that this book is written without a New Age or Christian slant as many of these books are.

It's full of many practical exercises that you can do at home with no equipment, no medicine. Just yourself, some instruction, and the space around you...
I read the overview of the book summed up here:

The Realization Process--a meditative practice for embodied spiritual awakening?

I'm not sure what "embodied spiritual awakening" is. Dr. Blackstone is a psychotherapist. It looks like she recommends methods of meditation, something I've never tried, but know others -- even "tough" Alliance members :) -- who swear by it. You are as tough as they come, Grimork, so if it works for you, good. Go for it.

I've experienced trauma in my life -- who hasn't? -- and have found that avoiding stressors is important. To me the best doctor is work. Lots of work keeps the mind off of past trauma.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:07 pm
I read the overview of the book summed up here:

The Realization Process--a meditative practice for embodied spiritual awakening?

I'm not sure what "embodied spiritual awakening" is. Dr. Blackstone is a psychotherapist. It looks like she recommends methods of meditation, something I've never tried, but know others -- even "tough" Alliance members :) -- who swear by it. You are as tough as they come, Grimork, so if it works for you, good. Go for it.

I've experienced trauma in my life -- who hasn't? -- and have found that avoiding stressors is important. To me the best doctor is work. Lots of work keeps the mind off of past trauma.
Thanks Will! You're too kind. I don't always feel tough, but I am starting to feel my own strength which is nice.

I think what Blackstone means by spiritual is the awakening to the consciousness of your body and the space around us being one and the same. The energy/life-force inside of ourselves is also in our environment and by being inside our bodies and feeling those places of trauma (she believes if strong enough they can be contained in our fascia) we are able to tense and then eventually release these areas, therefore no more areas of tension in our body and our energy can flow freely like before the traumas. I think we can all agree it's a spiritual feeling to feel one with the universe. :)
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/muscle-pain-it-may-actually-be-your-fascia wrote:Fascia is a thin casing of connective tissue that surrounds and holds every organ, blood vessel, bone, nerve fiber and muscle in place. The tissue does more than provide internal structure; fascia has nerves that make it almost as sensitive as skin. When stressed, it tightens up.

I would call it meditation of sorts, but different. It's a consciously thinking meditation instead of what's mainstream promoted is to "clear your mind" instead of clearing your mind in Realization Process you are drawing your attention to certain parts of the body and certain qualities which exist therein. For instance in the head you can feel the quality of intelligence, in your upper chest your heart/emotion, lower abdomen your power, and so on.. She explains all these things really in depth and uses a lot of personal stories from her clients which aids in understanding her explanations.

So true, keeping busy in the body keeps the mind busy. I agree. I can't always be busy though, and sometimes I would lay at night thinking or in times of rest, therefore I find it really helpful to deal with it head-on and do my best to remove it root and branch, if you believe such a thing is possible. :)

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:37 pm

I am a meditator myself since about 5 or 6 years ago, and in my opinion, true meditation is simply the practice of developing and maintaining mind-body awareness, not about clearing the mind of all thoughts, or about achieving some ethereal state of enlightenment, or whatever else.

That's not to say it's not spiritual, though. Meditation can and should become a regular spiritual practice for Cosmotheists, similar to how prayer is for Christians. It already is that for me. It makes me feel more connected to Nature, it makes me feel better in general, and it doesn't require me to do any fancy rituals, or to psychically transmit my thoughts to a bearded magic man.

More on the topic of this thread, Dr. Thomas Hanna, a philosopher who died decades ago, published a book called Somatics: Reawakening The Mind's Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health back in the 80s, which is where the mind-body theory of trauma seems to have at least partially stemmed from. Hanna was actually the one to coin the term "somatics", coming from the Greek word for body ("soma"), and the somatic approach is now used by many practitioners of therapy for both mind and body, which makes sense considering that Hanna's approach stemmed from the belief that mind and body are one and the same.

Nearly everyone is going to have some pattern of tension in their body, but with serious trauma it can be a lot more severe to the point where it causes lots of pain, fatigue, etc. In any case, Hanna called this "sensory motor amnesia", and his idea was that this could be fixed by simply bringing awareness back to these areas.

Here's a video of him talking about it:

There are also other videos like it from modern practitioners, with more in-depth explanations and demonstrations. Just search for terms like "somatic" and "pandiculation" and you'll find them. I don't know much about Dr. Blackstone but she seems to be have a similar approach.

John Yurgel

Post by John Yurgel » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:28 am

Just couldn't help myself..
O_Q3JhzxQDY.jpg
O_Q3JhzxQDY.jpg (152.75 KiB) Viewed 5648 times

John Yurgel

Post by John Yurgel » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:31 am

BREAKING THE CHAINS
OF CHRONIC PAIN

https://doctorschierling.com/blog/why-f ... -fasciawhy fascia?

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Steam-Powered wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:29 pm
The most reasonable conceptualization of trauma is based in science, hence my endorsement of PolyVagal theory. PTSD symptoms CAN BE minimized via PolyVagal exercises, which I teach to clients in my practice. Psychological trauma is based in the NERVOUS SYSTEM, and is nothing to be ashamed of nor ignored. Even more important, symptoms of PTSD can be reduced via physical exercises. Interventions to minimimze past traumas must be, imo, based on science.

It's my intention, over the next few years, to organize and faciliate groups among our people to minimize the impact of past trauma to further our goals as a race. Most of us have experienced significant trauma that impacts our ability to work towards such goals.
I am glad you have come to share your expert opinion on the matter. There is definitely a misconception with PTSD that it is purely psychological, when in fact it is neurological as you say. I am not an expert, but I was diagnosed with PTSD not too long ago, and beyond the difficult symptoms themselves, it is one of the harder conditions to even explain, let alone to find treatment for. I have only just started learning about things like polyvagal theory and the neurological basis of trauma in the past year, all without the help of the so-called experts who just wanted me to talk it out or take medication.

You say it is nothing to be ashamed of, and I wholeheartedly agree, but at least in my experience, most people just don't consider childhood trauma to be a legitimate cause of PTSD, and so they have treated me like I'm just whining about how mommy and daddy didn't buy me enough toys and video games or something. I have had a number of people actively try to make me feel ashamed about acknowledging this condition just because "it could be worse" or "you're dwelling on the past" or "I am / I know someone who went through much worse and they don't have the same issues, so suck it up" or some other such bullshit, and this all came from friends and family. It is pretty enraging and makes it that much harder to talk about. I don't want sympathy or to be coddled like they seem to assume, I'd just prefer it if others would stop blaming my supposed character flaws for what I now know are symptoms of a chronic condition, one which was acquired at a very young age and was left undiagnosed and untreated until very recently.

This is why I think it's important for people to understand it better on a scientific level, and also important for people to talk about it in general. It needs to be de-stigmatized so it can then be identified, studied, and treated more fully across the board, not just for the most obvious of cases. Trauma is much more common than people think (and seemingly more common than it used to be). I believe this has a lot to do with the complexity of the human mind, and the worsening state of society across the board.

Anyway, it is good to know that we have people who know their stuff making plans to address this issue. If you have any resources you think might be helpful for me or anyone else, I'd appreciate if you would share them here. Polyvagal theory specifically is something that I've heard of and I have done some research on it, but I don't understand it particularly well. What I have been doing are these somatic pandiculation movements credited to Thomas Hanna (in the video I linked above). He did not really talk about trauma specifically, but he did come up with this method to address subconscious tension in the body, which I'm now learning is a big part of how trauma manifests. I have found these exercises more helpful than almost anything else I've tried up to this point. Mindfulness meditation is the only other thing.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:32 am

Steam-Powered wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:06 pm
Riley wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:13 pm
I am glad you have come to share your expert opinion on the matter. There is definitely a misconception with PTSD that it is purely psychological, when in fact it is neurological as you say.

You say it is nothing to be ashamed of, and I wholeheartedly agree, but at least in my experience, most people just don't consider childhood trauma to be a legitimate cause of PTSD, and so they have treated me like I'm just whining about how mommy and daddy didn't buy me enough toys and video games or something. I have had a number of people actively try to make me feel ashamed about acknowledging this condition just because "it could be worse" or "you're dwelling on the past" or "I am / I know someone who went through much worse and they don't have the same issues, so suck it up" or some other such bullshit, and this all came from friends and family.
Unfortunately, the term "trauma" is misunderstood due to it's use in the popular culture. The American Psychological Association is equally to blame in this confusion. Even General Patton did not comprehend how "shell shock" can literally leave a person immobilized and/or result in significant deficits in functioning such as horrific involuntary tremors, inability to speak, the fight-flight-freeze phenomenon.

Years ago trauma was defined as an experience that is out of the ordinary. Everybody experiences the death of a loved one, and loss can be devastating, but it does not fall outside the realm of expected human experience. It's not normal, however, for a child to be beaten by a parent resuting in neurological damage, it's not expected to experience violent rape, being locked in a closet with a pot with which to relieve oneself, etc.

In the Army I experienced traumatic events and, while not diagnosed with PTSD, I did buy a few books and did the exercises twice a day. Within just a few years the symptoms were extinguished. "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" is a popular quote which alludes to the notion of resilience. We, as a species, NEED to be challenged, to be hurt, to experience pain and turmoil, in order to grow and build resilience. The problem comes when one lacks a family environment failing to promote such resilience. I could go on for hours on this topic.
If you continue to keep these sorts of inputs short, simple, and digestible, I'll find them very interesting.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:29 am

Steam-Powered wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:45 pm
Jim Mathias wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:32 am
If you continue to keep these sorts of inputs short, simple, and digestible, I'll find them very interesting.
I'll do my best, although it's not always easy for me. :)
I'm so glad you're here, SP. What do you think of William Pierce's son's campaign to smear his dad so many years after he had died? Realizing you wouldn't want to venture an opinion about someone like Kelvin's mental health without interviewing him personally, still, he has revealed a lot about his mental health in his book, Sins of My Father, as well as in multiple interviews with Jew-controlled media. This excerpt is from one of those Jewish media smears I picked apart a couple of months ago that you may have missed: https://nationalvanguard.org/2021/12/mo ... -alliance/

I can provide multiple other interviews and videos Kelvin did in his campaign to disparage his dad, even his grandparents, but this will give you an idea about where this son is coming from.

Dr. Pierce’s son, Kelvin Pierce, had a front row seat to his father’s rise to power.

In an interview with WVVA News, he described what it was like growing up in the home of one of America’s most dangerous white supremacists.
Here we go again with the “dangerous white supremacist” smear.
“He used his superior intellect to channel that toward hate. That’s why he was so successful. He was intelligent, very well read, and he had all the debate points memorized. He could debate anybody and do a good job convincing you that he was right.”
That’s because William Pierce was right. He was channeling vital truths — not “hate” — to his kinsmen with his superior intellect. Any reasonable, halfway racially conscious White person who reads his writings or listens to his speeches, can see that. See natall.com/bitchute and video.natall.com. Even Kelvin understood and believed his dad’s racial truths until he had his unfortunate mental breakdown and descent into self-loathing as an adult.
But Pierce said his father used more than talking points to get his message across. He said his father beat his family members regularly.
Unsubstantiated nonsense from a disturbed, admitted self-hater. Dr. Pierce was a gentle and patient teacher. It doesn’t follow at all that if someone disagreed with his truthful observations about race, as he saw them, that he would then beat the doubters regularly until they finally said they agreed with him. What a terrible smear of one’s dad, who’d been dead for 18 years when it was uttered and couldn’t defend himself against it.
“Unfortunately, by the time I left home at 18, I believed most of what my dad taught me. I had another essential ingredient to being a hater which was that I hated myself.”
What a revealing quote — from one whose intellectual development was arrested and reversed after 18.
The younger Pierce said a turning point occurred when his father left his mother and family in Fredericksburg, Va., to move to West Virginia to open up the National Alliance compound in Mill Point. It was around the same time Kelvin Pierce started college at Virginia Tech.
College can warp a young person’s mind. Witness the transition of Don Black’s son Derek from a bright young home-schooled man with his head screwed on right to a White-hating idiot once he went off to a liberal college. Incidentally, the elder Pierce had divorced Kelvin’s mom many years prior to relocating the National Alliance campus (not “compound”) from its headquarters in Arlington, near DC, to pastoral West Virginia in 1985.
“I had a roommate of color when I went to Virginia Tech. I ended up really liking this guy and admiring him. He was such a humanitarian. He cared so much about other people and he showed that.” The experience gave Kelvin a new outlook on the world and the people in it. “Probably the biggest aspect of all of that was realizing that the way I felt and the way I looked at others deep down felt wrong.” In Kelvin, though, there was still a little boy inside longing for his father’s love. A couple years before Dr. Pierce’s death, Kelvin invited him to come watch him hang glide in West Virginia. “I didn’t think he would come, but he did come. I had a pleasant experience with him. I had a good flight. He came down to the landing field and said I did a good job. I think it was the only time I ever impressed him and it was the last time I ever saw him.”
There are two more parts to this earth-shattering “hate” exposé. Really?

I and 30 or 40 Alliance members met Kelvin, his wife, and his two adopted Georgian daughters at that memorial service. The “turning point” in Kelvin’s life that weekend should have been how he and his family were treated so respectfully, despite doubts among some Alliance members about Kelvin’s daughters being White...
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ