Tender Mercies of Medieval Christianity

Fundamental ideas
Will Williams

Tender Mercies of Medieval Christianity

Post by Will Williams » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 pm

From a correspondent:

"During the reign of [Byzantine Emperor] Alexis II [Alexios Komnenos, A.D. 1180-1183] , the Latin inhabitants of Constantinople, who had lived in a quarter especially designed for their residence, were attacked and slaughtered without mercy, neither age nor sex being spared. Their houses were reduced to ashes, their clergy burnt in the churches, and their sick murdered in the hospitals.

Four thousand Roman Christians were sold into perpetual slavery to the Turks. In this horrible transaction the Greek priests and monks were active ringleaders, and they joined in chanting a Hymn of Thanksgiving to the Lord Jesus when the head of a Roman cardinal, the pope's legate, was severed from its body, fastened to a dog's tail, and dragged with savage mockery through the city." (Alexander Del Mar, "Middle Ages Revisited," London, 1899, pp. 243-244)

---

He adds:
My dad was a Greek Orthodox and mom a Roman Catholic
They made a truce to ignore each other’s religious traditions. Lucky for me!
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Colin

Re: Tender Mercies of Medieval Christianity

Post by Colin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:01 am

It sounds a lot like my family. The Christians fight among themselves over who attends the true church. I give them a common enemy at family gathering. They still don't understand how I turned away from Christianity.

Will Williams

Re: Tender Mercies of Medieval Christianity

Post by Will Williams » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am

Colin wrote:It sounds a lot like my family. The Christians fight among themselves over who attends the true church. I give them a common enemy at family gathering. They still don't understand how I turned away from Christianity.
It takes courage for a member of a family that has generational traditions, like being Christian, to buck that long-held tradition to announce that their biblical beliefs are nonsense. It's usually the most honest and perceptive, independent-minded individual who finally upsets everything and everybody to announce that the emperor is naked. Then it become s easier for others to see his truth, accept and follow it. Nobody likes a liar or living a lie. As for preachers: anyone who will lie to himself will certainly lie to you.

From Dr. Pierce's Right & Wrong... speech 22 years ago: https://nationalvanguard.org/2015/05/ri ... -morality/
---
L]ike the story by Hans Christian Anderson about the emperor’s new clothes. If the newcomer hadn’t popped the balloon by saying, “This is disgusting and depraved,” everyone else would have kept on pretending that everything was fine.

If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ