White activism in the news June 2020

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at Colfax CA

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:17 pm

https://www.theunion.com/news/still-a-l ... l-justice/
Still a lot of work to be done’: Racist backlash occurs at Colfax protest promoting racial justice

News News | June 5, 2020
Sam Corey
Staff Writer

They carried signs through Colfax bearing phrases like “The injustice you allow against others will become injustice that comes against you,” and “I understand that I’ll never understand, however, I stand for Black Lives Matter.”

A Grass Valley resident, Ariel Elliott led about 15 people. Some of their signs and screams for justice were met Tuesday with applause from passerby, according to Elliott. One response, however, was explicitly a racist backlash.

Sometime during the protest, a man driving a truck said something to the protesters and threw white supremacist and anti-black stickers at the protesters. The images included swastikas, racial slurs and racist caricatures of black people.

Elliott said she turned the racist material over to local police.

Placer County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Angela Musallam said the department received calls and complaints about the stickers, but she would not reveal more information about the incident as it is currently under investigation.

Elliott, who is deciding whether to live in Nevada County or Colfax with her boyfriend, said it was important for her to protest for racial justice in Colfax as Nevada County appears to already have many white allies working to support those in non-white communities. She said it’s also important for white people like herself to speak out in favor of racial justice and racial equality as to alleviate pressure on people of color, who often feel the need to constantly do so.

“We’re going to have to keep our neighbors accountable,” she said. “It starts with us.”

Elliott said she is also protesting because she doesn’t want her black friends to feel unsafe coming to Colfax, and that means instilling accountability among government officers, ensuring they follow the law and protect and serve everyone.

“We still have racist structures that need to be addressed,” she said. “There’s still a lot of work to be done in our small communities.”

Elliott asked the Colfax City Council members to respond to the racist event that occurred at the Tuesday protest. City Council members couldn’t be reached Friday for comment.

While Elliott is adamant that white people can’t be silent in the face of racial injustice, she said progress toward equality takes time, and often means educating people of problems with which they may otherwise be unfamiliar.

“It’s going to take time,” she said, “it’s going to take love and it’s going to take some understanding.”

To contact Staff Writer Sam Corey email [email protected] or call 530-477-4219.
They "understand that they don't understand." That's a brilliant reason for protesting. :roll:
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at Long Beach Ca

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:27 pm

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/nas ... 1.45667096
Police investigate flyers posted in Long Beach
By John Asbury
[email protected] @JohnAsbury
June 13, 2020 6:51 PM
Print Share

Long Beach police were investigating and removing several flyers posted around Long Beach that read “It’s okay to be white.”

The flyers were posted throughout the city, including in the North Park neighborhood, a predominantly African American part of Long Beach, officials said. The flyers were posted across from the Martin Luther King Center, where protests were held last week for Black Lives Matter and against racism and police brutality.

City officials said police were investigating the flyers and removing them as soon as possible. It was not clear if any crime had been committed.

State Sen. Todd Kaminsky (D-Long Beach) condemned the flyers, saying they undermined protests by more than 1,000 people through Long Beach.

“Over the last two weeks, residents have peacefully spread a resounding message of equality and unity, and last night’s disturbing acts will not, and cannot, drown that out,” Kaminsky said.

Kaminsky and city officials marched last week from the MLK Center to City Hall and took a knee in the middle of Park Avenue with interim Police Commissioner Ed Ryan following the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

That protest followed City Council members and community leaders holding a rally with more than 1,000 people up and down the Long Beach boardwalk calling for equality.

Other flyers were posted near City Hall that read “End the riots, end the violence,” but officials were not sure if the flyers are related.
No crime was committed, but a government official and police were Thought Policing their special corner of the world where the First Amendment means nothing. Nothing at all.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at Florence NJ

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:47 pm

https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/n ... n-florence
Stickers promoting white supremacist group found in Florence

By George Woolston
Posted Jun 15, 2020 at 5:17 PM

Any residents who see the stickers, or similar items, are asked to contact the police department.

FLORENCE — Stickers promoting a white supremacist organization have been found in a number of locations throughout the township, according to township police.

The department posted on its Facebook page Monday two pictures of the stickers, one saying “there is a war on whites,” the other saying “reject white guilt.”

At the bottom of each sticker is a website address for the New Jersey European Heritage Association, a small white supremacist group based in New Jersey, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

The group was founded in 2018, and spreads their propaganda either online or by fliers, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

Any residents who see the stickers, or similar items, are asked to contact the police department.
New Jersey appears to be a very hostile place for White patriots.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news Bensalem PA

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 am

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/bensalem ... s-stickers
Bensalem Condemns Racist 'Black Crimes' Stickers
Someone had placed one of the stickers in Bensalem near Street Road and Interstate 95 on Monday, according to police.
By Doug Gross, Patch Staff Patch Staff Badge
Jun 16, 2020 4:36 pm ET | Updated Jun 17, 2020 9:25 am ET

BENSALEM, PA — Police and other public officials are condemning racist stickers they say someone has been placing in Bensalem along Street Road.

Members of Bensalem's public works department on Monday tore down a sticker posted near the intersection of Street Road and Interstate 95 with the words "Black Crimes Matter." Officials said they are aware of similar stickers being posted in other places in the area.

Bensalem Public Safety Director Fred Harran wrote that he was made aware of the sticker by Bucks County NAACP President Karen Downer.

"We will not tolerate anything that promotes hatred or the destruction of the great relationships we have built here in Bensalem Township," Harran said in a letter shared Tuesday by the NAACP. "It is because of the open line of communication that the police department and the township has with the NAACP and other organizations that allows us to react quickly in such matters."

Harran encouraged anyone who discovers similar stickers to notify authorities.

On Tuesday, the Bucks County NAACP also urged anyone who sees similar signs to come forward.

Harold Hayes, a Democratic candidate for the state House of Representatives in Bensalem, shared an image of the sticker on Monday, saying that ones like it "have been cropping up around Street Road."

"Hate has no place in Bensalem," Hayes wrote.

The phrase "Black Crimes Matter" has been used at multiple public events by what the Anti-Defamation League has described as right-wing extremists seeking to disrupt recent demonstrations calling for racial justice and an end to police violence.

The sticker included a link to a website and unsubstantiated crime statistics. The numbers on the sticker do not appear to match those in a 2017 FBI analysis of criminal arrests broken down by race and ethnicity, which was the most recent year for which those detailed numbers were available.
The cowardly presstitutes will not even mention the New Jersey European Heritage Association's name, nor will it verify the facts presented in the stickers.

Pictures of the sticker are available at the website, as are a comments section.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news Swanton VT

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:11 am

https://www.samessenger.com/news/white- ... 0103d.html
White supremacist logos appear on Swanton art boards

By MICHAEL FRETT Staff Writer Jun 12, 2020 Updated Jun 14, 2020

SWANTON VILLAGE — On Friday morning, Swanton’s art walls – already the center of a conversation around race and art – were found with references to the white-nationalist organization Patriot Front painted over existing works currently on the boards.

According to a statement shared by Swanton police chief Leonard “Joey” Stell over the Swanton Police Department’s social media, a member of the community who had “faced criticisms for painting over the black power fist” previously on the walls had already painted over the group’s logos by midmorning.

“He stated to me that he would paint over anything that he views as hatred,” Stell wrote.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), the Patriot Front is “an image-obsessed organization” that levies patriotic images to promote white supremacy and fascist ideology, often through anonymous postings and propaganda.

The SPLC lists the Patriot Front, a spinoff of a larger neo-Nazi organization, as one of two hate groups active in Vermont.

Swanton’s art walls, maintained by the Swanton Arts Council, had recently become the centerpiece of a conversation around race and art after several local artists painted clenched fists on the walls as a display of solidarity with national protests over the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers.

While some community members supported the works and used them as a means to begin a conversation around race in Swanton, others criticized the murals as offensive, due to the clenched fist’s perceived relationship with the controversial Black Panther Party from the 1960s.

In a follow-up message with the Messenger, Stell said the department would not be investigating the paintings referencing the Patriot Front as a vandalism complaint due to the Swanton Arts Council’s policies of allowing anyone to paint over existing art on the murals.

Stell also said the police department “was not aware of the Patriot Front having a group in the Swanton area.”

“What we do know is that groups like this want media attention and the fact the art boards have been getting a lot of media attention over the last week,” Stell wrote to the Messenger. “That could have attracted persons from other areas to come to our community to tag the boards.”

Still, in his message over the police department’s social media, Stell appeared to strongly condemn the Patriot Front’s logo appearing on Swanton’s art walls.

“We have no place for this level of hatred in our Town,” Stell wrote. “With the ongoing unrest in this country around racial inequity and the loss of so many jobs because of COVID-19, we must unite to forge a path forward.”

The board’s contents were also widely condemned by Swanton residents over social media and, in a follow-up social media post from the Swanton Arts Council, the council applauded those who had already had the Patriot Front’s logo repainted by Friday morning.

“Thank you to the wonderful citizens who have rushed out to paint over the hateful white supremacy symbols painted on our art walls today,” the Swanton Arts Council wrote. “Swanton should be a place where everyone feels welcome.”
Great idea if mural painting by anyone is permitted. Of course, it helps to have some artistic talent for this sort of thing.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at West Allis WI

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:28 am

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/ra ... 1JXotVJmSw
Racist flyers found on West Allis lawns over the weekend

By: Ben Jordan
Posted at 3:30 PM, Jun 15, 2020
and last updated 5:30 AM, Jun 16, 2020

The West Allis Police Department is investigating after posters promoting white supremacy were found on dozens of front lawns over the weekend on the southwest side of Milwaukee County.

Authorities said that the posters which promoted white supremacy were found at several West Allis homes over the weekend surprising local residents.

Eladio Cruz noticed the propaganda while working in his yard.

"Never had anything happen like this, never experienced anything like this and not something I wanted to wake up to on a Saturday morning," said Cruz.

Cruz felt targeted when finding the poster.

"Very disappointed, you know, I've got my children to think about. Makes me feel unsafe that this is still going on in this day and age," he said.

Milwaukee Alderman Mark Borkowski said that a concerned resident in his district called after removing 30 flyers from front yards on Saturday.

"Granted, you have your first amendment rights, but my questions are why this? Why now? And why that area," said Borkowski.

Despite the hateful messages, residents of West Allis want whoever is responsible to know that hatred will not be tolerated in their community.
Dawww....the Mestizo was feeling "targeted" when at least 30 other fliers were distributed. Don't worry, presstitutes in the pay of the jewed media won't point out how absurd this is. But I will. 8-)

Video embedded in this article and is located at the web link posted above. The flier's contents, apparently by a "lone wolf" type of activist, were shown.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at Baltimore MD

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:39 am

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/region/b ... -baltimore
Stickers promoting white nationalist group found in Downtown Baltimore

By: Dave Detling
Posted at 3:50 PM, Jun 16, 2020
and last updated 4:14 PM, Jun 16, 2020

BALTIMORE — Stickers linked to a website for a white nationalist group have started showing up across downtown Baltimore.

It appears the stickers were placed on parking meters, light poles and other signage around city hall, close to where recent Black Lives Matter protest have been held.

The stickers contain a QR code which, when scanned, directs people to a website for the group. In an effort to reduce the organization's influence, WMAR-2 News is not naming the organization.

Both the Anti-Defamation League and Southern Poverty Law Center ....{blah blah blah......SNIP!}

"White people's responsibility is to listen to the black voices who are saying enough is enough," said Jancewicz {the ADL or SPLC Thought Cop}. "It's our responsibility to take that information, take that knowledge and do something about it, whether that’s talking to your racist uncle or scraping a sticker off parking meter."
This appears to be another Patriot Front operation.

No, Jerkewitless, we Whites don't need you preaching at us about our "responsibility" to help Congoids replace us. We do need to take responsibility for shipping them and your tribesmen to a far corner of this planet where there are no Whites and cure ourselves of your infestation.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at Etobicoke ON

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 am

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5624449
Posters, stickers promoting white nationalism appear in south Etobicoke

Police investigating as city staff remove racist messages from light poles, transit shelters, parking meters
CBC News · Posted: Jun 23, 2020 7:59 PM ET | Last Updated: June 23

Toronto police are investigating after a resident spotted posters and stickers promoting white nationalism in south Etobicoke on the weekend.

The posters, aimed at white people, contained messages such as: "Never apologise for being white," and "There is a war on whites" and "It's okay to be white."

The stickers said: "Think Green Buy Local," but included a website address for a Canadian white nationalist movement.

Coun. Mark Grimes, who represents Ward 3, Etobicoke-Lakeshore, said he asked city staff to remove the posters and stickers attached to light poles, bus shelters and parking meters in Etobicoke.

Grimes also alerted police, who said the posters and stickers were seen in the area of Dundas Street West and Royal York Road.

Brady Brenot, a local resident, said he was angry when he saw the posters and stickers and he removed as many as he could. There were at least 25 on Bloor Street West on Saturday morning, he said.

"Some people might think that somebody else will take care of it, or might think they might be putting themselves in danger by doing it themselves. But we have to take care of our own neighbourhoods. We have put a stop to this type of thing before it takes hold," he said.

Brenot said he first saw the posters and stickers during a walk on Saturday.

"I think the first thing that I saw was one of these stickers on the pedestrian crossing signal, like over there, stuck to the front of it. 'Never apologize for being white.' I think that was that one," Brenot said.

"Then, I saw another one and I got more angry. As I was walking down here, I saw another one after that. It was stuck to a parking meter, and I just decided, that's enough of that. I started to take photos of them and rip them off as I walked along."

Brenot said there was no mistaking what the messages were trying to say. "They're really transparent. The ones that I was seeing, it was really obvious what they were trying to get across," he said.

Some stickers included the words, Hundred-Handers, an alt-right group known for similar sticker campaigns in Europe.
'Posters not representative of our community'

Grimes, for his part, said he received an email from a resident on Saturday. His office reported the posters and stickers immediately to city staff for removal as soon as possible. Grimes said he also spoke to police officers at 22 Division.

"I understand that the resident took it upon themselves to remove a number of the stickers, and I have followed up with city staff to ensure that all remaining stickers are removed," Grimes said.

"This is totally unacceptable. It's 2020 and we like to think that we've progressed far beyond this type of narrow minded thinking, but this act affirms that there is still so much more to be done. It is mind boggling that in this day and age people still have this mentality," he added.

Grimes said Etobicoke-Lakeshore stands with Toronto's Black, Indigenous and people of colour, LGBTQS2+ and immigrant communities against intolerance.

"Racism and discrimination exist, and we must do more. We must call out intolerance when we see it, and make it known that this hatred is not representative of our values as Torontonians," he said.

"These posters are not representative of our community."
Putting up such handbills a hate crime, advocate says

Nigel Barriffe, president of the Urban Alliance on Race Relations, a non-profit organization that has been working to fight racism in Toronto neighbourhoods since the 1970s, said the posters and stickers are hateful and whoever posted them is guilty of a hate crime.

"I mean, I'm riding around neighbourhoods with my four-year-old. I don't want him to asking me,'What does this mean? Why do these people hate me? Because of the colour of my skin?'" Barriffe said.

"If folks in the community feel like, 'Well, what's the sense in me making a complaint because nothing's going to be done anyway,' these white supremacists just get to move through our society with impunity."

Const. Michelle Flannery, spokesperson for the Toronto Police Service, said the investigation is in its early stages. Officers are continuing to canvass the neighbourhood for witnesses and video.

"Some of the posters observed had the words scratched out and several of the posters were removed by police," Flannery said.

Police are appealing for anyone with information to call investigators at (416) 808-1100 or CrimeStoppers if they wish to remain anonymous.
So being White, moving through society, and speaking freely "with impunity" is a hate crime in Canada eh? Absurd.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at Brookings SD

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:53 am

https://brookingsregister.com/article/w ... d-downtown
White supremacy stickers found downtown

By: Staff reports - Updated: 1 week ago

Posted Jun 11, 2020
Officers were also watching armed men

Editor's note: The second paragraph of this article has been edited to remove the words "automatic weapon" and replace them with "rifle."

BROOKINGS – A downtown demonstration Friday for Justice for Black Lives was peaceful, according to Brookings Police, but stickers promoting white supremacy were posted along the demonstration route.

Several men openly carrying rifles along Main Avenue during and after the march also caused concerns, and many participants believe they were white supremacists there to intimidate the crowd.

The Justice for Black Lives march started about 6 p.m. Friday on the Brookings County Courthouse lawn and moved to the downtown area. Various streets were blocked off because organizers had obtained a parade and road closure permit.

“During the protest itself, there were not any incidents that required our response or a police response. It remained peaceful,” Assistant Chief Derrick Powers said.

“Prior to the protest, we did … locate several stickers that were placed along the protest route,” Powers said.

He said police officers and employees of the city Street Department removed some of the stickers. He didn’t know how many stickers were posted or how many were removed prior to the march.

Citizens were out removing stickers following the march as well.

“We haven’t identified the individuals that had placed those along the route,” Powers said.

“Certainly someone out there was spreading a message of hate prior to that (march), and (that’s) something that we don’t agree with,” Powers said.

Photos submitted to the Register show stickers throughout the downtown area promoting Patriot Front, a white supremacist group in the United States.

This week, The Brookings Register has also found several stickers throughout town promoting a group called the Hundred-Handers, which the Anti-Defamation League says is an international white supremacist group.

There was a police presence during the march and the speeches that took place, Powers said.

“We were ready to respond. Certainly we had planned prior to the event; we had planned leading up to it,” he said.

Other law enforcement agencies were present at the event as well.

Police were aware that, during the demonstration, some individuals were openly carrying guns on Main Avenue, which is legal.

“By South Dakota law, it is an open-carry state, so at that point, we monitored individuals … we monitored the crowd … just to make sure that it remained peaceful,” Powers said.

“Certainly, we weren’t there to interfere with anyone who was exercising their rights,” he added.

He said, as far as the police knew, the men with guns weren’t doing anything illegal and said he could not confirm that they were white supremacists.

“I don’t know, in regard to the individuals that were standing there with guns, what their intent was, standing out there,” Powers said. “Our purpose was to make sure that the protest remained peaceful and during the protest, there was no reason to approach them, ‘cause again, they were exercising their rights.”

“We understand that most people that were there, whether they were part of the protest or that were watching or on the sidewalks, certainly were there for a peaceful event,” Powers said.

The police department stood ready to uphold the values of the City of Brookings, he added.

“I believe for ourselves and what we believe here at the police department and the City of Brookings, understand that we are a very diverse community. We are an inclusive community, and we understand that views of that sort (racist), certainly it creates concerns for us and others in the community,” Powers said.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism in the news at Forest Hills NY

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:58 am

https://queenseagle.com/all/neo-nazis-a ... ark-queens
Neo-nazis are posting stickers in Forest Hills and Rego Park
June 23, 2020

By Rachel Vick

Stickers promoting a neo-Nazi group have begun appearing on lampposts and poles throughout Forest Hills and Rego Park in recent weeks, and one local resident says he caught two white supremacist vandals in the act.

Forest Hills college student Ari Saffran took photos of two boys on bikes placing stickers from the group Patriot Front along 108th Street on Sunday. Saffran said he encountered the two boys posting the stickers on poles when he went outside to take down Patriot Front decals he spotted earlier in the day.

“He had placed it right over the face of a rabbi on a poster,” Saffran wrote on Facebook, along with photos of one of the alleged vandals. “I’m not really sure what to do about it, didn’t get to do much in the moment. He and an even younger kid were together, both on bikes.”

Patriot Front is a white supremacist group that branched off from another white nationalist group following the fascist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017, according to the Anti-Defamation League database. The group has made their presence known in Bay Ridge and Park Slope, Brooklyn as well as parts of Upstate New York.

The 112th Precinct, which polices Forest Hills and Rego Park, did not respond to questions about the white nationalist vandalism.

A spokesperson for the Queens District Attorney’s Office said they were not aware of the vandalism but could not investigate unless an actual crime had been committed. The DA’s Office recently announced the creation of a Hate Crimes Bureau to combat a dramatic spike in bias crimes, particularly anti-Semitic offenses.

This is not the first time that young people have been accused of spreading hate symbols in the area.

After a 12-year-old boy was arrested for allegedly drawing swastikas and anti-Semitic messages at a Rego Park schoolyard last year, some local Jewish leaders said the episode could serve as an opportunity for restorative justice and anti-prejudice education.

“I’m deeply concerned about anti -Semitism and how it is being revealed in our communities, and I really see this as an opportunity for restorative justice,” said Rabbi Rachel Goldenberg, co-chair of the Rabbinic Council of Jews for Racial and Economic Justice, or JFREJ, at the time. “It’s an opportunity for the community to work together to build trust in each other and our relationships.”
Comments section available for those who wish to put a few good words into the conversation.