Chabad Jewish Community Center burglarized in likely 'crime of opportunity'

Summaries and links to news items
JohnUbele

Chabad Jewish Community Center burglarized in likely 'crime of opportunity'

Post by JohnUbele » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:07 am

"...On August 28, the Chabad Jewish Community Center on Ming Avenue was broken into. According to Rabbi Shmuli Schlanger, there was no one in the building at the time of the break-in, so nobody was hurt.

Only things were taken, but according to the Rabbi, the thing the thief didn't take was the most important.

"If there was one thing I could say to someone who is going to break into a synagogue is: Do the rabbi a favor. Take one thing. Take a bible and use it, and learn it, and it would save me coming to visit you at Lerdo county jail, which I do on a regular basis, and hand deliver it to you," said Schlanger..."

Source:
https://www.turnto23.com/news/crime/jew ... pportunity

JohnUbele

Re: Chabad Jewish Community Center burglarized in likely 'crime of opportunity'

Post by JohnUbele » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:33 am

Related:

Jewelry, merchandise worth thousands stolen from Chabad of Bakersfield

"...The Bakersfield Police Department is searching for a man accused of breaking glass and stealing several valuable items, costing thousands, at the Chabad of Bakersfield.

"I was devastated to come to our beautiful synagogue and find it completely desecrated," Chabad of Bakersfield wrote on its Facebook page. It added the Torah scrolls weren't taken.

It happened at about 7:25 a.m. Monday. The synagogue wrote in a social media post that electronic devices such as a Samsung tablet, credit card machines, microphone equipment, charity boxes and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise and jewelry were stolen..."

Source:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/jewelry-merc ... 00835.html