News From Southern Africa

Summaries and links to news items
Benjamin Bice

Re: News From Southern Africa

Post by Benjamin Bice » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:20 am

'He looked at me and then shot me' - Durban woman

2016-05-30 20:12
Jeff Wicks, News24

Wounded waitress Stephanie Meyer and her friend Tahne Bush. (Supplied)

Durban - “I looked into his eyes after he pulled the gun. He looked at me and then shot me.”

A Durban woman recounted how time stood still as she came face to face with hijackers in Morningside on Friday night.

Stephanie Meyer, 22, was shot when she and a friend rushed to the aid of a man who had been shot in the face during a carjacking.

Speaking to News24, the waitress said she had rounded out her shift with a drink with fellow waitress, Tahne Bush. As they were leaving, they heard a commotion and saw a man lying in the road nearby. He had been in the bar with them.

She said Bush rushed over to help the man while she went to fetch her car.

“He had been shot through the face. The bullet went through his cheek and came out near his ear. She was attending to him and I jumped in the car and drove to her. As the hijackers took the car they pulled away and they cut me off,” Meyer said.

“A guy jumped out the passenger side and he walked up to my window and shot at me. I made eye contact with the guy as he shot me. The bullet broke my arm. As I lifted my arm to change gear I looked down and saw the blood running down my fingers like water and I couldn’t get the car in gear. I fell out of the door and he fired more shots at me. I then ran up the road and that is when the ambulance came,” she said.

The bullet went through her arm and become lodged in her underwear. It was recovered and handed to forensic investigators.

Both Meyer and the wounded man were taken to a Durban hospital in a Life Response 24/7 ambulance.

“If my friend had not heard what had happened and run over there, we may not have gotten the guy medical attention as fast as we did,” she said.

The man was in a serious but stable condition.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... n-20160530

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:08 am

White Genocide,black hate,media silence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1NW6F3yG6M

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:06 am

Teen hero leads friends from harm
He suddenly became aware that there were intruders in his home and called all the children together and urged them to keep quiet.
June 7, 2016

Stefan de Villiers Journalist

BRONDAL – “You said I would not learn anything from playing Call of Duty: Black Ops,” 14-year-old CJ Bekker joked with his parents after his heroics when they fell prey to a farm attack on Saturday night.

He managed to lead a group of teenagers and younger children to safety, and hid them so well that the parents momentarily thought they had been kidnapped.

Realising that the outcome might have been very different, his father, Mr Jaco Bekker fought back the tears while he spoke of the families’ ordeal. “My life stopped for 90 minutes,” he said. He was on a hunting trip in Douglas at the time. His wife, Liezl and Ms Caroline van Staden bore the brunt of the attack. Caroline’s husband, Jon-Jon, was on a fishing trip in Mozambique. She and their children were staying at the Bekkers for the night.

Liezl was too traumatised to speak to Lowvelder and Jaco relayed how three armed men somehow entered the electric-fenced premises around 21:30 on Saturday. The suspects, of whom only one wore a balaclava, overpowered the women and demanded cash and weapons.

Both females were hit with an unknown sharp object and the grip of a handgun for almost 30 minutes. Unaware of the unfolding nightmare, CJ and the four Van Staden brothers were playing elsewhere in the house.

Photo: C.J. and his brother Jayden.

A brave CJ, who is the eldest, suddenly became aware that there were intruders in his home and called all the children together and urged them to keep quiet. Jayden (10), the Bekkers’ youngest son, was already asleep. CJ carefully placed him under the bed and camouflaged him with pillows and blankets.

He remained level-headed and made a plan. CJ smuggled the Van Staden boys – Daniel, Callum, Johnny and Liam (two years old) – out through a bathroom window. “The bathtub was filled with water, and CJ showed immense strength when he threw the other boys through the open bathroom window, in an attempt to keep them dry,” said Jaco.He also climbed through the window and quietly took the boys to a storeroom, approximately 100 metres from the house. Here they crawled under a trailer and hid, motionless and dead quiet.

CJ lay flat on his stomach, keeping guard over the boys.
Meanwhile, Liezl managed to press the panic button, sounding the alarm and scaring off the attackers. They fled on foot with a television, iPads, jewels and cellphones. Covered in blood, the two women ran to Liezl’s sister-in-law’s residence, which is located about 80 metres away.

After phoning for help, various security companies including J&M Security and Bossies Community Justice, as well as farmers from the area, came to their aid. Eighteen-year-old Delano and 16-year-old Landou van Rooyen, CJ’s cousins, assisted in looking for the suspects. They followed their tracks, but the three men were gone.

Unaware that CJ and the boys were hiding in the storeroom, Liezl and Caroline assumed they had been kidnapped by the attackers. They frantically started to look for them in and around the house and found Jayden, still asleep under his bed and unaware of what happened. CJ and the boys were found in the storeroom an hour later. “Numerous people walked past them, but CJ didn’t know who it was and kept the boys quiet,” his dad said.

The worst part was to helplessly sit on a farm almost 1 000 kilometres away, not able to help my family in danger,” Jaco said. He left Douglas just after midnight and joined his family almost 12 hours later. He was relieved to see that his family was safe and that nobody was seriously injured.
“It could have been much worse,” he said. Both families underwent trauma counselling yesterday. Jaco said it was going to be a long road to recovery, but added that his wife is strong and that even after the attack, she insisted on staying on the farm. “My son is a true hero and he made me very proud. He knows exactly where I keep my weapons, and he shoots exceptionally well, but decided not to follow that route. He asked me if he did the right thing, after which I told him he couldn’t have handled it any better,” he said, trying to hold back the tears.

Photo: Cj and his father Jaco.

Jaco, a member of Father’s Ground, thanked this organisation, the community and the various security companies for their quick response and support.

Also read: Koos Kruger killers get 22

Brondal egpaar in huis oorval

http://lowvelder.co.za/337658/brondal-attack/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:51 am

Censorbugbear Reports at Pretoria North.
June 12 at 4:52pm · Pretoria, South Africa ·

Young Afrikaner mom Lisa Lottering shot inside shop by two cops who fired four bullets at 'chewing gum thief'. .. "The cops just started shooting wildly'...

10 June 2016 -- PRETORIA North. Mrs Lottering showed her bullet-wound to the Rekord. 'The cops just start shooting wildly,' she said. Her husband Johan is furious: 'she could have died or she could have held our child in her arms while the cops just started firing.'The bullet went through her arm. The young couple were shopping at the 'chain store' which was not identified by the newspaper."The shop was just getting ready to close and I was buying a cold-drink,' said Mrs Lottering. "I heard the first shot when I turned around to put the bottle inside the shopping bag,' she said.
"I saw the smoke where the shot was coming from, heard another shot and then the bottle fell to the ground. When I looked down I saw the blood on my arm and realised I was shot and injured.'

The third shot went right into the shopping bag she was holding, Johan said a fourth shot then was fired by cops who were chasing a man. "I immediately went looking for help,' said her husband. Lisa was treated at the nearest hospital for the gunshot wound in her arm - but not before the couple confronted the two police officers who were shooting without any apparent regard for bystanders."Initially that cop denied everything. later he told my wife he 'shot at the man because he was molesting women in the area". Johan wrote down the cop's name who had fired the shot into his wife's arm, together with registration number of the police vehicle the two cops were using at the time. However the manager of the shop told Johan another story, namely that he had 'alerted the police after a man stole R150 's worth of 'chappies' chewing gum." Lisa is bewildered by the police shooting a man who was merely stealing chewing gum. 'If I had not turned around, or if I kept holding the cold drink bottle I had just purchased, he could have shot that bullet right through my chest. Fortunately our little baby wasn't with us. The policeman clearly wasn't just 'firing warning shots' because he was firing them high, at the level of my arm'.

- And then the Pretoria North police station refused to take their formal complaint of the illegal shooting by a cop. They have consulted a lawyer. 'If the Pretoria North police station refuses to lodge an investigation, we will take this matter straight to the Minister of Police' , said Johan. He will not get away with this'. http://rekordnorth.co.za/77910/77910/ -- (We have tried to obtain comment from the Independent police directorate which now is headed by 'Bomber McBride' but were unable to raise them over the weekend. We will try again on Monday.)

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:47 am

Stop White South African Genocide
June 15 at 8:11am ·
Pensioner recounts hospital horror ordeal

Crime & Courts / 14 Jun '16, Tania Broughton

Durban - A plucky Pietermaritzburg pensioner who was given formalin - instead of water - to drink after a knee replacement operation at Grey’s Hospital six years ago, finally had her day in court on Monday.

“I was screaming and screaming. I was in terrible pain. It was burning down my throat and up into my nose,” she told Durban High Court Judge Graham Lopes of that moment when she “gulped” down a whole cup of the liquid (a type of embalming fluid) given to her by the anaesthetist in the recovery room.

Isabella Smith, 85, was initially suing the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health for R425 000 - but she has now upped her claim to just more than R1 million after getting medical reports done.

She alleges that at the time, the doctors treating her were hoping she would die while in hospital so they could cover up their mistake.

And then, after her discharge from the hospital five weeks later, the department dragged out the case also in the hope that she would die, shealleges.

After initially denying any liability, the department offered to settle “for a paltry amount”, claiming contributory negligence. She refused the offer.

The department has now conceded that she was given formalin.

On Monday she travelled to Durban and, undeterred by having to climb up five steep flights of stairs while balancing on her walker, she recounted the events of May 5, 2010, when she was given, and drank, the liquid out of a large, white cup.

“I screamed: You are killing me... you are burning me.’ I started crying,” she said.

A nurse attending to a patient in the next bed told her to “keep quiet”.

A planned three-day stay in the hospital turned into a five-week ordeal.

“My stool was black. My teeth were black. The nurses were worried,” she said.

She alleges that she was given charcoal - not milk as claimed by the nurses - afterwards.

Since then she has been unable to eat anything solid and lives mainly on mashed bananas. “I also have terrible nightmares. I never want to go to hospital again. I want to die in my own bed.”

During cross-examination, advocate Mergan Chetty, for the department, suggested that Smith had taken a small sip of the liquid and commented that it did not taste nice.

Smith replied: “I beg your pardon. I did not. I was so thirsty I did not taste it. I drank it down. If I had tasted it I would not have done that.”

Chetty also suggested that records would reflect that while she was in hospital she had not complained about side effects from the formalin and had eaten and slept well.

Smith said: “That’s the first I heard of that. The doctors kept coming in to see if I was alive. I was very sick. What they gave me was terrible.

“I drank only tea and water.”

Asked why the hospital would “alter its records”, she said: “I think they are covering themselves. Why would I lie? I don’t believe in lies.”

The trial is continuing.

https://www.facebook.com/stopwhiteSAgenocide/?fref=nf

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:52 am

Julius Malema promises black people land
“No white man came with land in a paperbag, we want our land back”.

http://ridgetimes.co.za/66061/julius-ma ... ople-land/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Murderer shows middle finger to victims and court

A murderer found guilty of the murder of five men during farm attacks in Brits in 2014 showed his middle finger to his surviving victims and the court when he was convicted in the Pretoria High Court last week.

July 1, 2016

Knowledge Paulus Mandlazi (28) of Ikaneng was sentenced to five terms of life imprisonment for murdering five men on farms in the Brits area and a further 38 years effective imprisonment on four charges of attempted murder, six of robbery, two of housebreaking and the unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition.

His accomplice John Tivane (31) of Mozambique was sentenced to life and a further 25 years effective imprisonment on three charges of murder, three of attempted murder, five of robbery and two of housebreaking.

Mandlazi said he commited the robberies because he hated white people and wanted their money. He described the robberies and murders as merely “going to work”.

Mandlazi’s sentences will run concurrently with the 25-year prison sentence he is currently serving for a murder and robbery committed just days before the Brits murder and robbery spree in 2014.

Judge Billy Mothle said it was terrifying that Mandlazi described the robberies and murders as “going to work”.

The charges followed four armed attacks on farms in the Brits area between March and June 2014 in which four men were killed and several people injured and robbed.

Mandlazi and Tivane were also found guilty of murdering their accomplice, Mathosi Sithole, who was shot dead by a victim during one of the attacks.

Leander Dercksen (22) was murdered in the fields on their farm in Soutpansdrift in March 2014. He was shot in the head and neck and and the robbers fled with his vehicle.

In April 2014, Danie Dercksen ( 45) of Geluk was having a braai with his family when they were attacked. Danie was shot in the chest and died while his brother Bennie was wounded.

Louis van Wyk (55), his wife Hester and his son Louis Jr (27) were attacked at their house in Kareepoort in May 2014. Van Wyk Sr was shot in the head a stomach and died in hospital. His son Louis Jr shot and killed one of the robbers.

In June 2014, Joshua Joubert (70), was shot in the chest and abdomen while visiting family in Mamogalieskraal. A family member, Josias van der Schyff, was also severely assaulted and almost killed during the attack.

Photo: Thapelo Morebudi / The New Age

http://kormorant.co.za/23369/moordenaar ... rs-in-hof/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:05 am

Robbers stab, strangle man
2016-07-08 10:50
Chelsea Pieterse, The Witness

Midlands Mondi safety facilitator Sarel Theron was brutally murdered on Sunday evening with the robbers escaping with only his cellphone and laptop. (Supplied )

Pietermaritzburg - The brutal killing of a Mondi employee for a laptop and cellphone on Sunday has rocked the community of Seven Oaks, outside Greytown.

Mondi Midlands safety facilitator Sarel Theron (49) was found dead by a colleague on Tuesday, lying in a pool of blood, with multiple stab wounds to his body and with strangulation marks around his neck.

The colleague had become concerned when he did not report for work on Monday.

It is believed that Theron had been in his home on Mistly Farm in Seven Oaks early on Sunday evening when an unknown number of men entered the property.

Buffalo Security head Roger Scheffer said from inspecting the scene, it appeared that the men entered Theron’s property after cutting through the perimeter fence.

It is believed that Theron may have left the house to investigate when he was attacked by the men, and sustained a “very bad” stab wound to the leg.

“The timeline of events are unclear, however, it appears that after Theron was stabbed, he managed to escape his attackers, locking himself in the house where he bandaged up his leg.”

Scheffer said it was believed that the men then broke down the door and went into the house where they allegedly strangled Theron before ransacking the house completely.

“It appears that the men used a chain tied to Theron’s bakkie to try and pull his bedroom safe off the wall, but it snapped.”

Scheffer said only a laptop and cellphone had been stolen in the gruesome attack.

“We are uncertain of how the attack happened exactly but what we do know absolutely was that there were three different sets of foot prints leading up to the house, the door had been kicked in, there was a stab wound on Sarel’s leg which had been bandaged and there was a rope around his neck.”

KZN police spokesperson Lieutenant Nqobile Gwala said a case of murder is being investigated by Greytown SAPS and no arrests have been made.

Greytown Mondi area manager Rhudolf Muller said he had known Theron since 1999 and they had been good friends.

“He was easy-going, and always helped out where he could,” he said.

“His death was shocking to us all and he will be missed by all who knew him at Mondi. He has left a very big gap to fill,” said Muller.

Seven Oaks community representative Grant Meyer said the community was “shocked” at the murder.

“He was a good man, and everyone who met him liked him.”

Meyer urged farmers to tighten security and always be vigilant in the face of increasing farm attacks.

[email protected]

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... isapp=true

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:18 am

3 children shot metres from memorial service of slain train driver
2016-07-14 13:54
Paul Herman, News24

Police on the scene at the house where three children were shot. (Paul Herman, News24)

Cape Town - Three children were shot and wounded on Thursday in Bonteheuwel, just metres from where a memorial service was being held for slain train driver Piet Botha.

The memorial service took place on the platform at Netreg Station at 11:00 on Thursday.

Botha, 46, was killed while conducting a training session on the platform with a younger driver on Monday.

Moments after his memorial service concluded on Thursday, shots were heard coming from the road parallel to the station in Bonteheuwel.

According to numerous eyewitnesses, a blue Citi Golf with five occupants pulled up to a house on the corner of the road. One person reportedly got out and fired shots in the direction of the house.

Three children who had been playing outside the house were wounded.

Police arrived round 20 minutes later and started tending to the victims.

Four police cars and eight policemen surrounded the property around 12:30 and sealed off the area from the gathering crowd.

Emergency medical services had still not arrived at the time of writing.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... r-20160714

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:15 am

Censorbugbear Reports at Bloemfontein Magistrate Court.
July 26 at 11:50pm · Bloemfontein, South Africa ·
Good Samaritan and Murder victim Hendrik Knoetze (73) of Pellissier Bloemfontein, bought birthday cakes for Kgotso Patrick Gigi (23), his suspected murderer, for the past eleven years. Gigi was turned in to the police by his own stepfather after Kgotso came home with blood-soaked clothes.
Journalists Alzane Narrain and André Damons report from the local magistrate's court: 25 July 2016 for Netwerk24
The murder victim knew the murder-suspect since the 23-year-old man was twelve years old. On Monday Gigi made a brief appearance in the
Bloemfontein regional court, facing trial for murder. The 'youth's' stepdad Koos Ralepoma told Netwerk24 on Monday that he was 'shocked and disappointed when he found out that his
stepson was accused of murdering the Afrikaner man who had been so good to him from his early teenage years. Ralepoma - who also worked for Mr Knoetze - said his youngest son
showed up at his parental home on Friday-evening after the murder with blood-soaked clothes. He said that the murder victim Hendrik Knoetze 'was a very good man. My eldest son
worked for him while Mr Knoetze helped find him another job. Ralepoma said he 'first investigated to determine whose blood was on his stepson's clothing' before calling the police.
"Hendrik (Knoetze) always helped pay Kgotso's school fees, and always bought him a cake on his birthday, and often gave him extra money and other stuff, he also helped my daughter in
the same way, ' said Ralepoma - who said he had always viewed the Afrikaner man as a 'father figure'. Kgotso Gigi became addicted to drugs and left school early. He worked as a
gardener for Knoetze and cleaned the sidewalk in front of Knoetze's house in Maratjie Street, Pellissier once a month.
Kgotso Gigi was in possession of Knoetze's cellphone when he was arrested.
On Monday, Gigi appeared on charges of murder and house-robbery in the magistrate's court. His legal counsel S.O. Ngombane of Legal Aid SA told magistrate Loyiso Mzana that Gigi was
just released on bail of R1,000 for a rape-case pending against him in the regional court. Mzane postponed Gigi's bail application date until the following month. The public prosecutor is
Titus Kopa. http://www.netwerk24.com/…/bejaarde-sla ... -altyd-vir… --