Negroes terrorize White tourists in East Africa

Summaries and links to news items
permela

Negroes terrorize White tourists in East Africa

Post by permela » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:37 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/79299 ... urism.html

Telegraph.co.uk Wednesday 01 March 2017

Masai Mara murder threatens Kenyan tourism

A murder in Kenya's Masai Mara raises fears for tourists' safety, says Mike Pflanz.

Safari tourists follow a lion in the Masai Mara, where the attacks took place

By Mike Pflanz in Kenya 12:46PM BST 06 Aug 2010

It was a little before 9pm, almost bedtime for visitors expecting to rise before the sun for a game drive in one of the world's most famous wildlife parks.

People were drifting out of the mess tent at the small eco-lodge where I and a group of friends were staying. Over near his desk, I noticed the manager rummaging inside a trunk. He pulled out a pistol, hurriedly loaded it, and tucked it into the waistband of his khaki shorts.

This must be normal practice at night here on the fringes of Kenya's Masai Mara, I thought, wondering what use a handgun would be against a marauding elephant or inquisitive leopard.

The next morning, a series of text messages sent to my BlackBerry overnight revealed the true reason for my hotel manager's concern.

Just a few miles along the Mara river below us, a white Kenyan farmer had been shot dead, and two friends seriously wounded, in a robbery at their private campsite.

Tourism earned Kenya more than £700 million last year. Lodge owners, game park rangers and the government are understandably coy about reporting the extent of threats to visitors.

To be fair, the risk is low. The vast majority of visitors who come here will enjoy a trouble-free holiday. But in the Masai Mara, there are concerns that armed gangs are gearing up to mount ever more sophisticated attacks on tourists.
"We're currently in a state of anarchy," said one senior source in the Masai Mara. "Evidence is gathered, the people responsible are found, but nothing happens. There is only so much lodge managers and wardens are able to do. Without the backing of the police, we are powerless."

This attack, last week, was one of the most brutal. John D'Olier, a farmer and former vineyard owner from the Rift Valley town of Naivasha, had arrived to celebrate his 60th birthday with his wife, Elli, their son and daughter, and 10 other friends and staff.

Shortly before supper was served, seven men with three AK47's stormed the camp, firing indiscriminately. The party scattered into the bush.

The men gave chase. In the following minutes, Mr D'Olier was shot dead from behind, and his friends Pat and Sara Neylen were seriously injured.

After smashing car windows, stealing mobile telephones, a laptop and money, the gang was scared off when a rescue vehicle roared into camp, having been alerted by desperate calls by Mr D'Olier's friends during the raid.
This was the most brutal attack on visitors to the Masai Mara in years, but there have been others.
A British family was robbed of money, jewellery and camera equipment, their two children were roughed up at another tented camp in October. Earlier in the year, a tented camp close to the Tanzanian border was attacked. Again, tourists were beaten and robbed.

Few of these incidents garner wide publicity – even in Kenya itself – and few perpetrators are brought to justice. My source in the Masai Mara says that at least one of the men who attacked Mr D'Olier's camp was known to police.
A Kenyan police spokesman denied this. "Everything is done at all times to keep Kenya's attractions perfectly safe for our visitors," he said.

White Man 1

Re: Negroes terrorize White tourists in East Africa

Post by White Man 1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:30 am

People need to be reminded of who these Mau Mau really are. A good book to read if you have the time is Robert Ruark's "Something of Value". It details a white child and a black child who grow up together in Kenya. As they come of age in the 1950's, the black is drawn to the Kikuyu's violent and bloodthirsty rebellion against the British.

https://www.amazon.com/Something-Value- ... 089966816X