Babywearing

Regarding children, family, and the home.
Grimork

Babywearing

Post by Grimork » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:43 am

If you're not familiar with babywearing it's using a baby carrier/sling/wrap to keep your baby on your body instead of using devices such as strollers.
Babywearing is very popular in other countries around the world and it's starting to kick off here in America as well. More about babywearing here: https://momlovesbest.com/benefits-of-babywearing

For me it feels more natural to put my baby in a wrap on my body than to carry around her heavy car seat or push a big bulky stroller, plus I can do some chores and carry her around hands free, which is a lifesaver when you don't have anyone to help!
I will admit I have "spoiled" my daughter (according to grandma), she's 2 months old now, and there are only a few minutes spread throughout the day where she will tolerate being by herself. Therefore I need my hands and for her to be happy too!

Now carriers and slings for the most part don't need much explanation, but wraps on the other hand take some learning.

Luckily I've come across a wonderful site that explains different ways to wrap your baby at any age. https://wrapyourbaby.com/wrap-instructions/

This site sells wraps as well, but they're too expensive for my blood, I went for a cheaper option called Keababies and it works fine with most of these techniques.
Hope this helps some of you out there, I wanted to share this marvelous resource.

Will Williams

Re: Babywearing

Post by Will Williams » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 pm

This makes so much sense. Let's call it a "White thing," though growing up I always heard baby-wearing was an Indian thing, a papoose.

Is it against the law to carry the baby like this when driving?

I like our new Family Matters section.
:D
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 am

Will Williams wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 pm
This makes so much sense. Let's call it a "White thing," though growing up I always heard baby-wearing was an Indian thing, a papoose.
Same, that's what I've always heard it called also. I feel like our ancestors had to wear their babies on their bodies, how else did they get work done? Our human newborns are so fragile, having about only 25% of brain volume at birth, they even rely on the mother's body to regulate their body's function, such as breathing, blood pressure, etc I've been told.

At least there's a push to get back to our roots and away from the " baby training " attitudes of our recent past. Like forcing a newborn to sleep in a cold crib by itself in the dark! Ridiculous. A healthy, drug free mother (no alch, no smoking, no drowsy pills) can sleep safely with her newborn in a safe sleep environment as nature intended!

Yes, Will that would be against the law they're really strict about these car seat regulations! I hope more members will contribute their family advices and experiences. :)

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:51 am

My wife used one of those harnesses that hold the baby on her chest when my daughter was an infant. She tried one of the slings but just couldn't get it to work right.
One of the European uses of a "sling" would be the Scottish full plaid, which could be used in countless ways for men or women.
ec1b12e93fe460461c86cbf37d0d7697.jpg
ec1b12e93fe460461c86cbf37d0d7697.jpg (85.29 KiB) Viewed 3490 times

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:10 am

Cool picture WM1! Yeah, I can understand using a carrier. I have one myself, but the baby doesn't like it as much at this time. I think when she gets a little older she will.
Sleeping baby
Sleeping baby
IMG_20201016_101955580.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3478 times
This is my setup with the wrap.

bwhelan91

Post by bwhelan91 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:43 pm

I use to wear my boy ALL the time! He only wanted to be on me.. He was un happy not being with me. We may have spoiled him too!! He slept with us forever. I mean- what animal has a baby and throws it into it's own nest? I can't find any .. It might be hard to get him "away" from me... But why in the ---- would I want to? Everything is new to him and all he knows is me and my smell!! What kind of Mother can neglect their baby? 9 months in the womb and im suppose to toss him to the wolves?! Nooo way!!!
I am grateful my husband worked so I had the time to spend with him. Babywearing is amazing for Mother and baby. Once i finally got the hang of it down, i got laundry, dishes, and baking done with ease! I think every Mother should do it! <3
Attachments
Screenshot_20201024-153421(1).png
Screenshot_20201024-153421(1).png (485.94 KiB) Viewed 3257 times