What do readers think of SimpliSafe home security?

Becoming self-sufficient
MartinLFletcher

What do readers think of SimpliSafe home security?

Post by MartinLFletcher » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:27 am

My wife and I are looking at security systems. I recently had a salesman for a local alarm company give a quote for our home. He quoted a price of $4500 (!) for installation, which did not include the monthly monitoring fee.

I've started looking for a less costly option. We're both home most of the time, so remote monitoring really isn't necessary. I'm primarily interested in preventing/alerting us to a break-in at night while we're at home. We live in a safe, almost exclusively white neighborhood, but the houses are far apart and on large (multiple acre) wooded lots.

I've seen many references to SimpliSafe. If anyone has any experience with this company and their products, positive or negative, I'd be grateful to hear about them.

White Man 1

Re: What do readers think of SimpliSafe home security?

Post by White Man 1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:25 am

Personally when it comes to security I swear by 2 big dogs and a shotgun behind them to deter would-be burglars. That being said, what I understand about security systems is that usually the big name brands make use of the same camera systems and window alarms that are available to the average Joe, what you are paying for is the research they do into placement, the monitoring as you mentioned, and the installation. A capable man could install his own security system without too much trouble.

Richard_G_603

Post by Richard_G_603 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:07 pm

very few things beat the safety of a white neighborhood, in a white town, in a white county, with neighbors whom you are on good terms with. Case in point, my wonderful home here in NH.

MartinLFletcher

Post by MartinLFletcher » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:34 pm

Richard_G_603 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:07 pm
very few things beat the safety of a white neighborhood, in a white town, in a white county, with neighbors whom you are on good terms with. Case in point, my wonderful home here in NH.
You're quite right. Our new neighborhood is almost completely White, and it's been a welcome change from where we lived before. However...

There is one house in the neighborhood occupied by a couple I refer to as "Mudshark Barbie and Dindu Ken," along with their mongrel offspring. I've already seen the Sheriff there once, and neighborhood gossip is that he hits her. So there's that...

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:55 pm

Richard_G_603 wrote:
That would free-up the ridiculous $4,500 installation plus monthly fees that could instead be put toward more reasonable security measures for the community.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Richard_G_603

Post by Richard_G_603 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:13 pm

MartinLFletcher wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:34 pm
Richard_G_603 wrote:
You're quite right. Our new neighborhood is almost completely White, and it's been a welcome change from where we lived before. However...

There is one house in the neighborhood occupied by a couple I refer to as "Mudshark Barbie and Dindu Ken," along with their mongrel offspring. I've already seen the Sheriff there once, and neighborhood gossip is that he hits her. So there's that...
If your still that worried, buy some self installed cameras that connect to your phone. It will cost you a couple hundred tops to completely cover your property depending on site lines.