Hello from Jimmy Marr

Cosmotheist

Re: Hello from Jimmy Marr

Post by Cosmotheist » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 am

Michael Olanich wrote:I've always agreed that members must place Race first above all other beliefs, creeds, or priorities.

There is also a need for some to hold the hard-line on Cosmotheism, and I think Cosmotheist can fill that role. Then there needs to be those who are willing to be patient with new recruits, as Will said "to be gentle" with them and be able to guide them steadily to our Truths.

Those who join the NA are already de-programmed to a certain extent. It'll be our job to ascertain their level of de-programming, and then educate them further along. It won't be an overnight process, but with enough work and community spirit we can begin to roll some heads and change their outlooks to a significant degree.
Good, of course, that is the most basic prerequisite.
Indeed, thank you, Michael. You can be one of the more patient and gentle ones with them here.

Yes, to a greater or lessor extent. I will teach the grad students and others the undergraduates,
and together we will educate them towards ever higher degrees of Cosmotheist knowledge and
wisdom. :D

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Jimmy Marr

Post by Jimmy Marr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:47 am

This brings up the question of the best method of deprogramming. I think some form of zazen as a technique is worthy of consideration. Dogen Zenji aptly described zazen as "Opening the hand of thought".

I have thought of it as being analogous to the process of magnetic degaussing. The "hand of thought" can be compared to an electromagnet, like the ones on those big cranes that pick up smashed automobile bodies and stack them on railroad cars. Electrical current while flowing through the pick-up device creates a magnetic field strong enough to pick up a car. When the electrical current stops, the car drops away. After a while the residual magnetic field of the pick-up device becomes strong enough it begins picking up all sorts of extraneous ferrous materials which cannot be released and impair the crane's functionality.

The same thing happens in the human mind. Certain brain circuits have been over-charged repeatedly with emotion laden thoughts and have created an emotional force field which distorts ration thoughts which might normally follow in similar, but slightly different neural pathways.

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:21 pm

Jimmy Marr wrote:This brings up the question of the best method of deprogramming. I think some form of zazen as a technique is worthy of consideration. Dogen Zenji aptly described zazen as "Opening the hand of thought".

I have thought of it as being analogous to the process of magnetic degaussing. The "hand of thought" can be compared to an electromagnet, like the ones on those big cranes that pick up smashed automobile bodies and stack them on railroad cars. Electrical current while flowing through the pick-up device creates a magnetic field strong enough to pick up a car. When the electrical current stops, the car drops away. After a while the residual magnetic field of the pick-up device becomes strong enough it begins picking up all sorts of extraneous ferrous materials which cannot be released and impair the crane's functionality.

The same thing happens in the human mind. Certain brain circuits have been over-charged repeatedly with emotion laden thoughts and have created an emotional force field which distorts ration thoughts which might normally follow in similar, but slightly different neural pathways.
This brings up the question of the best method of deprogramming.

There are many techniques and methods of deprogramming.
The best method depends upon the type of individual and or
just how much "deprogramming" is what's actually necessary.
What will eventually result in a satori is really what matters. :D

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Michael Olanich

Post by Michael Olanich » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Cosmotheist wrote:
Michael Olanich wrote:I've always agreed that members must place Race first above all other beliefs, creeds, or priorities.

There is also a need for some to hold the hard-line on Cosmotheism, and I think Cosmotheist can fill that role. Then there needs to be those who are willing to be patient with new recruits, as Will said "to be gentle" with them and be able to guide them steadily to our Truths.

Those who join the NA are already de-programmed to a certain extent. It'll be our job to ascertain their level of de-programming, and then educate them further along. It won't be an overnight process, but with enough work and community spirit we can begin to roll some heads and change their outlooks to a significant degree.
Good, of course, that is the most basic prerequisite.
Indeed, thank you, Michael. You can be one of the more patient and gentle ones with them here.

Yes, to a greater or lessor extent. I will teach the grad students and others the undergraduates,
and together we will educate them towards ever higher degrees of Cosmotheist knowledge and
wisdom. :D

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Yes, of course, I'll be only happy to guide our people and show as much patience as I can with them. In my view there is nothing more essential. :)

Michael Olanich

Post by Michael Olanich » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Jimmy Marr wrote:This brings up the question of the best method of deprogramming. I think some form of zazen as a technique is worthy of consideration. Dogen Zenji aptly described zazen as "Opening the hand of thought".

That sounds complicated, Jim! How about some good old-fashioned one-on-one activism in our deprogramming efforts? Then again, if that method works, I think we should all learn such a technique!

Jimmy Marr

Post by Jimmy Marr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Well yes, Michael, it is very complicated as well as time consuming which is why it's going to demand the lion's share of N.A.'s budget, but I'm sure activist minded persons such as yourself will find it rewarding to conduct fundraisers and such in its support. If you'd like, I can give you some pointers on playing the bagpipes. Chairman Williams strikes me as a natural bass drummer and Kevin... Well, I've never actually seen a violinist in a pipe band, but ...

Yeah. You're right. It's too complicated.

Michael Olanich

Post by Michael Olanich » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:51 am

I don't think I have the lung capacity for bagpipes... if it requires the same amount of effort as a trumpet or trombone then I would fail miserably. However, I do consider myself an accomplished guitarist. ;)

Jimmy Marr

Post by Jimmy Marr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:47 am

I've seen the bagpipe correctly described as a "nine note party favor", and have difficulty disagreeing. In fact, it can be a very annoying party favor unless its player is rather highly skilled. I've been trying for four and a half years and still miss the mark as often as I hit.

My father-in-laws one hundredth birthday party is coming up toward the end of this month. His party will be rather large and I'm preparing to play Clan Campbell's Gathering in addition to a few pieces of small music. It's customary for a piper to give a short speech explaining the meaning of a piobaireachd before he plays. This presents an opportunity for me to describe my music as a call of the blood to lots of young people, some whom are actively involved in miscegenation.

If you don't hear anything from me in April, you might suspect that my speech wasn't well received.

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:14 am

Jimmy Marr wrote:Well yes, Michael, it is very complicated as well as time consuming which is why it's going to demand the lion's share of N.A.'s budget, but I'm sure activist minded persons such as yourself will find it rewarding to conduct fundraisers and such in its support. If you'd like, I can give you some pointers on playing the bagpipes. Chairman Williams strikes me as a natural bass drummer and Kevin... Well, I've never actually seen a violinist in a pipe band, but ...

Yeah. You're right. It's too complicated.
LOL! :D

Some techniques and methods can be very complicated and time consuming and expensive
but some really need not be and/or in order to just get the exact same end result: a Satori. :D

Was never much on being in a band, but, that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate a good one!

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Jimmy Marr

Post by Jimmy Marr » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Cosmotheist,

If you haven't already looked at it, I think you might enjoy exploring http://selfdefinition.org/zen/Hubert%20 ... zation.pdf

I've been re-reading it over the last few days and am reminded that this book is what caused me to make my first investigations into what would later become recognizable as a racial awakening. I had read all of Benoit's previous books carefully in an effort to determine his intellectual influences. He consciously avoided revealing them and even went to the trouble of explaining why at one point (I don't remember where). Then suddenly, on page 40 of The Interior Realizaton, he does what amounts to an advertisement for Rene Guenon's Reign of Quantity. That was pivotal moment for me. It ultimately led me in what seemed like an entirely different direction. At last, I am home again.
Last edited by Jimmy Marr on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a link to pdf of Rene Guenon's "Reign of Quantity"