A funny thing happened while selling books

Jim Mathias

A funny thing happened while selling books

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon May 01, 2017 3:38 am

It's late at night and I get a text message about an ad I run offering Turner Diaries, Hunter, etc. through craigslist:
Burn, or preferably recycle your Nazi books. The people who'd want to read them know not how to.
To which I replied:
Your suggestion that I burn books is rather ironic.
Granted, this isn't as interesting an experience as facing violent antifas throwing 5/8" machine nuts and other objects during a protest, but sometime responses are quite entertaining!
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

White Man 1

Re: A funny thing happened while selling books

Post by White Man 1 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:03 am

Irony is lost on those fools. I hope you can reach at least a few folks that way. I haven't had much luck using Craigslist to spread the Alliance message. Maybe selling books is the way!

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue May 02, 2017 5:17 pm

White Man 1 wrote:Irony is lost on those fools. I hope you can reach at least a few folks that way. I haven't had much luck using Craigslist to spread the Alliance message. Maybe selling books is the way!
White Man 1, selling books is but one way. There are many others, this happens to be one of a few the Alliance has so graciously provided for me to use. A smaller, more thoughtful percentage of our people actually read books, and that's what I aim for.

Perhaps the irony was lost here, but one who shows himself as foolish to me is a rather entertaining side-effect of selling books. I could care less if anyone who gives me this sort of entertainment ever comes to understanding of our purpose and path. In fact, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing for, ah, "fools."

My hope is that all Alliance supporters and members choose at least one way to reach out with our messages and apply them as they see fit. While I do indeed sell books, my purpose is consciousness raising as opposed to making money. If 25 other sellers of the Turner Diaries decided to sell books in my area simultaneously I wouldn't be dismayed by the competition for sales, but elated that they are sticking our messages in the public eye so prolifically. That sort of thing can only help us.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:43 pm

As it regards books, I think our key pieces of Literature, i.e. "Who We Are", "Turner Diaries" "Which Way Western Man", etc., should continue to be sold at a fixed price. However, smaller pieces that can be run in high volume for a relatively low price would probably be best off as "Pay what you want". I'm thinking novels, essays written by Alliance members and others sympathetic to the Alliance. Combine that with the option of digital download as PDF or physical copy, and it could be a decent fundraiser. As an added bonus, people who make the excuse that they don't read our literature because they can't afford to buy it will have nothing to fall back on.