Dealing with Individualists and Cowards

David Pringle

Post by David Pringle » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Commentary by: Dr. William Pierce
NA BULLETIN, April 1998

In the past I've written more than once about the two obstacles to our recruiting: cowardice and selfishness. Correspondence received at the National Office this month has reminded me again how important these two obstacles are.

First we received an e-mail letter from someone who had been reading my American Dissident Voices scripts on the Internet, and he had just read a script in which I urged people to join the Alliance and take part in our struggle for freedom and progress. He said that he agreed with many of my comments about race, the Jews, and the media. He deplored the advance of the welfare state and the Marxist policies he could see in the US government - but, what he wanted to know, would joining the Alliance do to help him achieve his personal and professional goals? How could the Alliance help him get ahead in life? If he joined, what benefits could he expect?

I responded as follows:

The National Alliance cannot help you attain your goals or "get ahead" if by that you mean acquiring better employment, a larger income, a higher social status, or the like, The National Alliance does not exist to further the financial or social conditions of its members.

The purpose of the National Alliance to secure the future of our people and to prepare the earth for a higher type of man. Men and women who join the National Alliance do so in order to work together toward these goals. They do not ask what the Alliance can do for them, but only what they can do to serve the purpose of the National Alliance.

If you can adopt the goals of the National Alliance as your goals, then we will be happy to accept your application for membership.

My correspondent, who uses the Internet name "Joe Fenian," responded huffily that if that's what the National Alliance is all about, "then you and your organization are the same as those you decry."

I probably never have encountered a franker exponent of the John Birch Society mentality or the Ayn Rand philosophy of "what's in it for me?" than Mr. Fenian, unless it be a fellow named Harry Browne, the author of a quintessentially crass book titled How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World and the perennial Presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party.

A second letter received this month is from someone in Dallas, Texas who signs his letter "a supporter" who identifies himself as "a strong Christian." Despite his Christianity, he said he wants very much to provide financial support for the Alliance - anonymously. But he has several very serious concerns. First, what technique can he use to send money to use and be sure that we are receiving it without the government or the Jews finding out about him? Second, how can he be sure that we aren't some kind of "trick" organization set up by the Jews "as a tool to smoke out anti-Semites?" He then speculated about various techniques he might use for sending money and receiving assurance of its receipt without being found out. One technique he suggests is to wire money anonymously via Western Union, paying for his money orders in cash - but the danger he sees in that is that Western Union offices usually have a security camera, and so he would have to wear a disguise when he paid for his money orders.

It is depressing that there are grown men of our race, claiming to be more or less in agreement with us, who are this cowardly. Unfortunately, there are many of them.

Which is worse: the Birch-style selfishness and individualism of the first writer, or the abject, groveling cowardice of the second? Can anything be done to make either of these types good for something? It is tempting to write both of them off as fit only for clearing minefields by driving herds of them through suspected areas.

If we consider them dispassionately, probably we can hold out some hope for the Bircher, but none for the coward. In the case of at least some individualists their attitudes are based on ideological conviction, and one of these might undergo a religious conversion and switch his loyalty from himself to his race. I hate to admit it, but I went through a libertarian phase myself as a teenager.

Cowardice, however, is much more a matter of one's innate constitution and one's accumulated life experiences than of belief. Our coward in Dallas has already has his religious conversion, and it's hard to see how another could make a man of him. Undoubtedly some cowards are born, and some are made. Men who have been sheltered from danger all their lives, who have grown up in a welfare state, and who have never faced physical danger or seen another man die a violent death may not be able to cope with the idea of risk or be able to overcome even minor fears which beset all of us every day of our lives. If our people could grow up in a more natural society, we might have fewer of this type of "made" coward, but we need to build that society before we can reap its benefits.

Certainly, we'll accept financial support from even the most miserable coward, but we won't waste our time trying to persuade him to be something he cannot. And we won't waste much time on the individualist either. He may undergo a religious conversion, but the impetus for that is more likely to be some encounter with reality which literally knocks him off his ass that any gentle persuasion by us.

Jim Mathias

Re: Dealing with Individualists and Cowards

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:26 am

Sometimes, people you know personally fit the description of a coward or individualist while at the same time having some racial instincts. Persuasion using the facts presented in the most intelligent fashion isn't enough, as Dr. Pierce explained. Cold, hard reality--when it hits in the form of organized non-whites affecting one or one's interests personally--is about the only argument that convinces better than the rest when it comes to this.

Up until now, those "pragmatic" types who put their own interests before that of all of us have been fairly successful at sliding by....but it's my opinion that those days are coming to an end. The "blame/kill/destroy whitey" type messages that come from mal-educated educators and amplified by the jew-controlled media are getting stronger day by day, year after year and are firmly planted in the minds of many thousands...perhaps millions. What follows can be seen in various news reports that describe well enough what's going on and on and on...
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:42 am

Let's not forget the people that are willing to take to the streets and shout at the enemy, but when it comes time to contribute financially for real, lasting change, they are nowhere to be found. They fit nicely in the category of "hobbiest", with their "fascist" haircuts, and "1488" slogans. We're getting closer to the time when action in the street may be necessary, but without the building blocks for a new world to guide our people, those actions may well leave a void.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:23 am

White Man 1 wrote:Let's not forget the people that are willing to take to the streets and shout at the enemy, but when it comes time to contribute financially for real, lasting change, they are nowhere to be found. They fit nicely in the category of "hobbiest", with their "fascist" haircuts, and "1488" slogans. We're getting closer to the time when action in the street may be necessary, but without the building blocks for a new world to guide our people, those actions may well leave a void.
My inclination is that action in the streets ought to be limited to getting out of that action if one finds him/herself caught in it by circumstance! The recent events in Berkeley, Portland, and elsewhere ought to be enough of a wake up call to get out. The "movement" types are terribly misguided to want to be near the antifa's and other assorted mongrels where they could get themselves removed from the gene pool one way (death by bike lock) or the other (prison). My thoughts are that alliance building is about community building which is really about building our strength for the future--and isn't it sensible to see that Whites really aren't in charge of their destiny (as yet) so as to be able to afford to throw lives in harm's way?

But I might be taking your words out of context and if so, I apologize in advance.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Absolutely right, Jim. The future of Alliance building is strong, positive change. The National Alliance is the organized, effective framework we need for when the world wakes up from its' "multi-culti" slumber.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:16 pm

White Man 1 wrote:Absolutely right, Jim. The future of Alliance building is strong, positive change. The National Alliance is the organized, effective framework we need for when the world wakes up from its' "multi-culti" slumber.
Very good, WM1. Though it may not seem that way, there has been a lot of "positive change" in the White man's fortunes in just the past week or so. Remember Charleston!

Speaking of otherwise decent individualists and cowards, here'a a good quote by Dr. Pierce from The Fame of a Dead Man's Deeds where he is speaking to them:

---
The only reason that a rabble of feminists and queers and Jews and Blacks and mestizos and liberals and Clinton supporters are running America into the ground today is that decent people are sitting on their hands.
---
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ