Social media

Will Williams

Social media

Post by Will Williams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 am

"I like twitter better than Facebook." -Alex Linder, owner of Vanguard News Network Web site.

Where will all this end? Is all this good for the White race, detrimental, or just a passing trend, and neutral? Is it really something our people can control entirely for our exclusive benefit?

I've never seen Facebook; never tweeted; never sent or received a text message and don't even have a cell phone -- and will likely never do any of that. That's not to say I'm not accessible to those who count (and some who don't). Call me old-fashioned. :|

I like the real world better than the Internet world, but given that in the year 2013 the 'Net is an excellent organizing tool, prefer WhiteBiocentrism to twitter or Facebook.

Facebookers and Tweeters, please weigh in with your pros and cons.

Kevin Alfred Strom
Site Admin

Re: Social media

Post by Kevin Alfred Strom » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Facebook is a long, long way from enforcing its "verified real names" policy. There are probably dozens of millions of people with obviously phony names on FB ("Kaylie Potato Elf" is one I remember with a smile) -- and I suspect there are just as many with names that only sound real.

I don't know whether they'll be willing to throw away substantial ad revenue and start massively deleting unverified accounts. I do know the System has the power to compensate them, either openly or through the Black Ops budget, for doing so.

FB is a Mossad / CIA / NSA spy trap, but, then again, so is the Internet itself. We need to get so big that they can't possibly do anything to 99.9 per cent. of us.

In the meantime, FB and Twitter and Tumblr and others are a great, free way to build an audience and speak the truth. You'd be amazed at how many White people, many of them young, are racial nationalists on these social media sites. They come from many camps: Traditionalists, Pagans, Folk Metal enthusiasts, Nietzscheans, Eastern Christians, Slavophiles, Nature worshippers, WWII re-enactors who've looked deeply into the conflict, anti-feminist women, lovers of European music and art. Very few come from the known pro-White sites or groups. Most know who the real Opponent is. Almost none are politically conservative.

I am sure that I am personally aware of more conscious Whites now than I was twenty years ago, and new people pop up every day.

We need to inspire courage, and encourage independence from the System even if it means a life without much money. Once we do that for a couple hundred thousand people, the game changes. The fear of losing one's job will have no sting then. The System will be forced to tolerate us -- or abandon all pretense of free speech, which will build rebellion. Then if we can figure out a way for our organization(s) to reward those who side with us, we'll really be rolling.

All the best,

Kevin.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Russia officials advised to stay away from Gmail

US intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden

Russian secret service agents have recently advised regional government officials across the country to stay away from foreign webmail services such as Google’s Gmail and instead use domestic ones.

Three independent unidentified sources with knowledge of the development have told the Russian political and business daily Izvestia that the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) sent a memo to the telecom authorities of Russia’s regions two weeks ago, strongly advising them against the use of Gmail and other overseas services.

Some local administrations in Russian southern Rostov region immediately followed the order.

The recommendations came following the revelations by US intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden of Washington's spying and surveillance activities across the globe.

Snowden, who was granted political asylum in Russia in August, leaked two top secret US government spying programs under which the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are eavesdropping on millions of American and European phone records and the Internet data from major Internet companies such as Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Apple, and Microsoft.

Earlier in October, a new document leaked by Snowden revealed that the NSA “is harvesting hundreds of millions of contact lists from personal e-mail and instant messaging accounts around the world, many of them belonging to Americans,” the Washington Post reported.

“During a single day last year, the NSA’s Special Source Operations branch collected 444,743 e-mail address books from Yahoo, 105,068 from Hotmail, 82,857 from Facebook, 33,697 from Gmail and 22,881 from unspecified other providers, according to an internal NSA PowerPoint presentation. Those figures, described as a typical daily intake in the document, correspond to a rate of more than 250 million per year,” the report added.

YH/HN/SL

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/11/3 ... oid-gmail/
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:Facebook is a long, long way from enforcing its "verified real names" policy. There are probably dozens of millions of people with obviously phony names on FB ("Kaylie Potato Elf" is one I remember with a smile) -- and I suspect there are just as many with names that only sound real.

I don't know whether they'll be willing to throw away substantial ad revenue and start massively deleting unverified accounts. I do know the System has the power to compensate them, either openly or through the Black Ops budget, for doing so.

FB is a Mossad / CIA / NSA spy trap, but, then again, so is the Internet itself. We need to get so big that they can't possibly do anything to 99.9 per cent. of us.
We can't get much smaller, Kevin. Our people aren't organized to advocate for our exclusive interest. We are in the revolting position of having to use tools like FB that are in the enemy's hands. I just posted an article above this post about how unsecured our communications are. We need to get big, all right, but with our own IPs, servers, "social sites," etc., not our enemy's.
In the meantime, FB and Twitter and Tumblr and others are a great, free way to build an audience and speak the truth. You'd be amazed at how many White people, many of them young, are racial nationalists on these social media sites. They come from many camps: Traditionalists, Pagans, Folk Metal enthusiasts, Nietzscheans, Eastern Christians, Slavophiles, Nature worshippers, WWII re-enactors who've looked deeply into the conflict, anti-feminist women, lovers of European music and art. Very few come from the known pro-White sites or groups. Most know who the real Opponent is. Almost none are politically conservative.

I am sure that I am personally aware of more conscious Whites now than I was twenty years ago, and new people pop up every day.
Not conservative? Are they liberal, in the sense that word has come to mean: "progressive?" I view most of them as egalitarian, not yet race-thinkers, not race loyalists. Voltarian liberals hate what we say, but will allegedly defend to their deaths our right to say it. What good are they? Many good race-loyalists have come from the Left, but most "mature" into being conservatives who will no more defend what we say than do the liberals.

Our goal here at WB is to reach out way beyond the traditional pro-White sub groups to those you describe above who see the necessity and urgency to organize for White America's exclusive interests. Registered Independents, former voters who've spurned the rigged duopoly electoral system, home-schoolers, hunters and other sportsmen, gun enthusiasts, and any number of other Whites who see the nation they love turn into a Third World mess -- an Obamanation. They are sick to death of having their noses rubbed in government-enforced racial mixing and the homosexual agenda, and of becoming raceless tax slaves on the Global Plantation.
We need to inspire courage, and encourage independence from the System even if it means a life without much money. Once we do that for a couple hundred thousand people, the game changes. The fear of losing one's job will have no sting then. The System will be forced to tolerate us -- or abandon all pretense of free speech, which will build rebellion. Then if we can figure out a way for our organization(s) to reward those who side with us, we'll really be rolling.

All the best,

Kevin.
I have the feeling you will play a major role in building the necessary multi-media behemoth for Whites that will take us to that level, Kevin. ;) You are uniquely qualified and have been tested by fire.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:50 pm

I saw Judge Andrew Napolitano of Fox News a day or so ago called Mr. Snowden as a hero for exposing the extent to which the American NSA has been spying on Americans, trampling on our Fourth Amendment rights. Now this:
---

FBI able to secretly turn on laptop cameras without triggering indicator light 'for several years'

Madison Ruppert
December 7th, 2013

End the Lie

In a recent report by The Washington Post , it was revealed that the FBI has been able to secretly activate a target’s laptop camera “without triggering the light that lets users know it is recording” for several years.

While this may be surprising to some, it really shouldn’t be. Previous reports revealed that the FBI employs hackers to create software to remotely activate the microphones on laptops and cell phones as well as cameras. The U.S. government has also become the world’s largest buyer of malware . The NSA also recommended physically removing the webcam from Apple laptops for security reasons.

In August, the Wall Street Journal reported that the FBI has developed hacking tools like this for over a decade, though they rarely are discussed publicly.

The Washington Post cites Marcus Thomas, former assistant director of the FBI’s Operational Technology Division in Quantico, who said that the remote activation of cameras is used mostly in serious cases.

Thomas, who now sits on the advisory board of Subsentio, a company that helps telecommunications firms comply with federal wiretap laws, told the Post that the bureau uses the technique “mainly in terrorism cases or the most serious criminal investigations.”

As technology advances, the FBI’s surveillance techniques do as well.

“Because of encryption and because targets are increasingly using mobile devices, law enforcement is realizing that more and more they’re going to have to be on the device — or in the cloud,” Thomas said.

Indeed, in January of this year a report indicated that all data stored on cloud services could be accessed by the U.S. government without a warrant .

In the past, a federal magistrate rejected the FBI’s attempt to get authorization to activate the laptop camera of a suspect. The magistrate ruled that it was “extremely intrusive” and could be a violation of the Fourth Amendment.

Federal magistrate Judge Stephen W. Smith also said the Texas-based court did not have the jurisdiction to approve the search of a computer in an unknown location.

Yet, another federal magistrate approved sending surveillance software to a target, though it did not involve remotely activating a computer camera.

The surveillance software gave the FBI a detailed account of the computer of the target – a federal fugitive – including his hard drive space, the chips used on his computer and a list of installed programs.

In the case the Post was reporting on, an individual calling himself “Mo,” probably located in Tehran, made a series of bomb threats.

The FBI obtained a warrant to send surveillance software to Mo’s computer when he sign in to his Yahoo email account but the program “never actually executed as designed,” according to a handwritten note by a federal agent given to a court.

Source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/fbi-able ... ars_122013

Will Williams

Fake Photos for Internet Liars

Post by Will Williams » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:23 am

Not being a social networker I couldn't tell you what an app is, but this article describes one the latest social networking gimmicks; an app that can make a social networker look better than she actually is by photoshopping her face and body.
---

New Selfie-Help Apps Are Airbrushing Us All Into Fake Instagram Perfection
Posted: 12/05/2013 | Updated: 12/15/20

A few weeks ago, a friend posted a “#carselfie” to Instagram. It was a beautiful photo -- she peered up at the camera from under a beanie and looked positively radiant in the passenger seat of her car -- and I duly “liked” it. “#Toogorgeous,” another friend wrote in a comment under the photo.

She’s a stunning lady. But the photo, I learned later, was in fact “#toogorgeous” to be true: She’d had some digital work done.

My friend, like millions of others online, had spruced up her selfie with Perfect365, a free app that lets people instantly smooth skin, excise zits, highlight eyes and even resize noses before sending their image out on the Internet.

Perfect365 belongs to a growing breed of selfie-help apps, like FaceTune, ModiFace, Pixtr and Visage Lab, that let anyone with fingers and a smartphone transform basic snapshots into flawless Annie Leibovitz portraits (Buzzfeed’s John Herrman dubs this “selfie surgery.”) Eyelashes can be added, teeth whitened, smiles stretched, pounds shed, clocks reversed, genes fought. And artfully, too: unlike the previous generation of portrait-editing apps, which left figures with the two-dimensional masks of anime characters, these apps, like the best plastic surgeon, leave few obvious marks. I, for one, would never have guessed the #carselfie had a little help.

Perfect365 in action. Users must first align their face with "KeyPoints," then can choose a range of
effects, from adding false eyelashes and sweeping on blush to evening out skintones and whitening teeth.

Perfect365 in action. Users must first align their face with "KeyPoints," then can choose a range of effects, from adding false eyelashes and sweeping on blush to evening out skintones and whitening teeth.
While many claim social media has provided a more authentic and unvarnished view into people’s lives, the popularity of these selfie-help apps suggests precisely the opposite. We’ve always cherry-picked what we share online, but more than ever, what you see isn’t what you get. Even as people use Snapchat to share silly photos that, crucially, disappear after a few seconds, those same social media users are delighting in new ways to edit their lives and present an ever-more perfected, artificial image of their world. We’re hungry for ways to exert more control over our images, not less. And who’s to blame us? The rise of selfie-help represents a new way for people to cope with the relentless judgment of the web and the pressure to disclose more online. It also hints at the start of an airbrushing arms race that could make impossibly attractive photos the norm.

More here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/0 ... lp00000592

bwhelan91

Post by bwhelan91 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:51 am

I just deleted my Instagram. I'm sick of social media!
They also updates the terms and conditions. One of them was, they have access to your pictures on your device and if they think something is "fishy" they can keep it and show the police. I have nothing to hide- but who wants Mark Zuck to have access to their stuff?
It all makes me uncomfortable!

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:22 pm

bwhelan91 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:51 am
I just deleted my Instagram. I'm sick of social media!
They also updates the terms and conditions. One of them was, they have access to your pictures on your device and if they think something is "fishy" they can keep it and show the police. I have nothing to hide- but who wants Mark Zuck to have access to their stuff?
It all makes me uncomfortable!

Good for you, bwhelan! Activity on this small forum and on our much larger NationalVanguard.com sites by our members, spreading links to NV and to Natall.com/Bitchute video channel to others on the Internet's existing social media platforms while we can is enough social media activity. All other "sharing" on these platforms is superfluous to our mission to inform. Personal recruiting of those attracted to our message this way is a good use of our computers.

I was just saw my opening post in this topic 7 1/2 years ago, which was more than a year before I managed to become NA Chairman. Kevin Strom and I had no idea where we were going with this forum at the time, but we just kept going, kept persevering. Nothing has changed for me since then as far as social media are concerned, except that I am even more distrustful of them, being that nearly all of them -- bottom line -- are still controlled by our racial enemies to some degree. I still wonder, "Where will all this end?" How many more hundreds of times will our people be censored and "deplatformed" by Big Tech social media?

================

Will Williams
Social media
Post by Will Williams » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 am

"I like twitter better than Facebook." -Alex Linder, owner of Vanguard News Network Web site.

Where will all this end? Is all this good for the White race, detrimental, or just a passing trend, and neutral? Is it really something our people can control entirely for our exclusive benefit?

I've never seen Facebook; never tweeted; never sent or received a text message and don't even have a cell phone -- and will likely never do any of that. That's not to say I'm not accessible to those who count (and some who don't). Call me old-fashioned. :|

I like the real world better than the Internet world, but given that in the year 2013 the 'Net is an excellent organizing tool, prefer WhiteBiocentrism to twitter or Facebook.

Facebookers and Tweeters, please weigh in with your pros and cons.